KPMG China provides multidisciplinary services from audit and tax to advisory, with a strong focus on serving our clients' needs and their industries. Not only do we have an overriding commitment to provide the highest quality services for our clients, but we also strive to become a responsible corporate citizen that has a positive impact on our environment and community. At KPMG, you'll translate insights into action and reveal opportunities for all-our teams, our clients and our world. Service Line Overview
We support organizations and executive teams in defining their ambition and developing innovative strategies that embed the agility, customer-centricity and operational excellence needed to thrive in dynamic markets. We draw on KPMG's deep functional expertise to work shoulder to shoulder with our clients through implementation and deliver targeted results by accelerating momentum, locking down value and de-risking both decisions and actions. We bring strategic thinking and the hands-on skillsets to deliver on transformation. We call this 'Innovation to Results'.
- Growth strategy: identifying and implementing a prioritized set of growth platforms that will enable clients to achieve their growth ambitions
- Operating strategy & cost: challenging strategic decisions and align their operating model to their business strategy and financial targets
- Digital strategy: consider the new opportunities created by emerging technologies, and evaluate their readiness to adapt to change
- ESG strategy: assists to set and achieve ESG goals, to embed ESG into an organization's DNA, and make ESG sustained competitive advantage for the organization
- Enterprise-wide transformation: provides the overarching framework for multi-year strategic planning, capital allocation, portfolio and synergy assessments, scenario planning, corporate centre redesigns, and other modularized enterprise-wide services
S&O works with clients across all the above pillars to support their sustainability strategy design and implementation across topics such as ESG and Sustainability Strategy, Economic and Social Development, Sustainable Finance, Climate Change and Decarbonisation. Our team is small but expanding with committed investment support nationally. Our S&O team will work closely with our reporting, assurance and regulatory specialists to bring the right capability to our clients. Key Responsibilities
Experience & Background
- Supporting the delivery of high-quality client engagements and proposal under the direction of senior team members
- Supporting in research, data collection and analysis to inform the development of ESG strategies including but not limited to emission reduction planning and implementation, climate risk and opportunities assessment, ESG governance structure, waste and water management planning, etc.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of latest developments in sustainability, social impact and corporate responsibility including select sub-topics such as sustainable supply chain, or sustainable finance, decarbonization or circular economy
- Being passionate about areas of expertise, managing your own development by learning continuously from experience and seeking out development opportunities
- Relevant qualifications (e.g. Bachelor degree or above) in social research, climate change, sustainable development, social impact and/or related disciplines such as sustainable finance, supply chain or decarbonization
- Understanding of environmental & social impact and corporate responsibility issues, trends, standards and guidelines such as GRI Standards, Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures, the UN Global Compact Principles, UN Principles for Responsible Investment, etc.
- Ability to think critically and take a challenging yet constructive approach
- Ability to work at pace, and at times under high pressure, while maintaining sound judgment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in both written and oral English; at least proficient in Chinese
At KPMG China, we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, with zero tolerance for any form of discrimination against any persons. It is important for us to create an inclusive, diverse and agile workplace for our people to develop and thrive at both a personal and professional level.
We strive to make ESG (environmental, social and governance) a watermark running through our organisation; from empowering our people to become agents of positive change, to providing better solutions and services to our clients to help them achieve their ESG goals. View Our Impact Plan to learn more about our ESG commitments and progress across four key pillars - Governance, People, Planet and Prosperity - and how we make a positive impact on our people, environment and society.
We encourage you to come as you are, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, and hope you unlock opportunities with us. Visit KPMG China website for more company information.
You acknowledge and agree that all personal information hereby provided regarding yourself will be used by KPMG China for its candidate selection purposed only. KPMG China collects, uses, processes, and retains your personal information in accordance with KPMG China's Online Privacy Statement and/or KPMG China Privacy Statement (collectively " Privacy Statement
"). During the recruitment process, KPMG China may need to store personal information of candidates in a designated third-party application tracking platform.
If you have any questions regarding the information you provided in the form or your job application in general, please contact KPMG China's HR personnel in the location where your application is submitted [ see here ].