Job Description: Job Title
ESG Data: Data Governance and Controls Specialist Location
Birmingham Corporate Title
The Sustainability Data and Technology Programme is a bank wide programme to deliver a strategic solution for Environmental, Social and Governance data across Deutsche Bank. The Programme is part of the Sustainability Strategy Key Deliverable.
You will be part of the Environmental, Social and Governance Data Team, reporting into the Head of Environmental, Social and Governance Data. You will be responsible for working closely with various group divisions to ensure sustainability practices are measured and tracked against corporate objectives. What we'll offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre. Hybrid Working
We understand that employee expectations and preferences are changing. We have implemented a Hybrid Working Model that enables eligible employees to work remotely for a part of their working time and reach a working pattern that works for them.
You can expect:
Your key responsibilities
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR programme + 2 days' volunteering leave per year
Your skills and experience
- Central point of contact for coordination between Chief Data Office and SDT business data leads while executing regional mandate across divisions, on ESG data management topics
- Drive the rollout of global ESG data management and data quality initiatives and Provide consultancy on ESG data management topics to support interactions of global management with regulators and drive the adoption of centrally provided procedures in SDT
- Drive forward the process for cataloguing of ESG Data to the Group Strategic tools and enforce ownership and stewardship of the data with appropriate certification process in place
- Responsible for identification of KPI's and other measures to attest to overall ESG Data quality across the DB Estate
- Oversee the declaration of Data Elements; ensuring data is clearly defined and Data Quality expectations are clear while driving the provision of reporting, metrics and content updates to relevant data management forums regarding ESG Data Management
- Partner closely with Reference Data Architecture and IT leads to progress on embedding key IT deliverables and related topics
How we'll support you
- Significant and demonstrable hands-on and relevant experience in data management in large, cross-jurisdiction bank/financial institutions
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and software
- Able to deliver the highest level of quality even under time pressure, combined with strong analytical, conceptual problem-solving skills and excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Experience of managing business stakeholder relationships, attention to detail with great communication skills, verbal, listening and written a plus
- Strong interest in Environmental, Social and Governance / sustainability an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and cooperate with other teams
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Deutsche Bank in the UK is proud to have been named a Times Top 50 Employer for Gender Equality for three consecutive years. Additionally, we have been awarded a Silver Award from Stonewall for two years running and named in their Top 100 Employers for 2023 for our work supporting LGBTQ+ inclusion.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.