KPMG China provides multidisciplinary services from audit and tax to advisory, with a strong focus on serving our clients' needs and their industries. Not only do we have an overriding commitment to provide the highest quality services for our clients, but we also strive to become a responsible corporate citizen that has a positive impact on our environment and community. At KPMG, you'll translate insights into action and reveal opportunities for all-our teams, our clients and our world. Service Line Overview
We support organizations and executive teams in defining their ambition and developing innovative strategies that embed the agility, customer-centricity and operational excellence needed to thrive in dynamic markets. We draw on KPMG's deep functional expertise to work shoulder to shoulder with our clients through implementation and deliver targeted results by accelerating momentum, locking down value and de-risking both decisions and actions. We bring strategic thinking and the hands-on skillsets to deliver on transformation. We call this 'Innovation to Results'.
- Growth strategy: identifying and implementing a prioritized set of growth platforms that will enable clients to achieve their growth ambitions
- Operating strategy & cost: challenging strategic decisions and align their operating model to their business strategy and financial targets
- Digital strategy: consider the new opportunities created by emerging technologies, and evaluate their readiness to adapt to change
- ESG strategy: assists to set and achieve ESG goals, to embed ESG into an organization's DNA, and make ESG sustained competitive advantage for the organization
- Enterprise-wide transformation: provides the overarching framework for multi-year strategic planning, capital allocation, portfolio and synergy assessments, scenario planning, corporate centre redesigns, and other modularized enterprise-wide services
KPMG IMPACT is a global cross-sector initiative that integrates our knowledge and experience regarding global issues such as environmental, social, governance (ESG) performance and sustainability; economic and social development; climate change and decarbonization; and sustainable finance.
The Global Decarbonization Hub will fall under the KPMG IMPACT umbrella within the climate change and decarbonization pillar, specifically charged with selling and supporting the delivery of Net Zero projects and climate risk services for strategically selected clients. This Global Decarbonization Hub is intended to assist and support KPMG member firms to help meet the unprecedented level of demand from priority accounts.
The establishment of the Global Decarbonization Hub forms a critical part of our Global ESG Strategy. This hub supports the Global Functions of Advisory, Tax & Legal, and Audit, with accountability through our Global Head of ESG and KPMG IMPACT to the Global Management Team.
The Climate Risk Expert will globalise KPMG's offerings across the Climate Risk agenda, aligning our global network and building KPMG's reputation as a climate services leader.
The Expert will take responsibility for defining KPMG's overall message on Climate Risk, driving a consistent global point of view across thought leadership papers, external marketing campaigns and communications to enhance our global brand. The Expert will also support member firms with proposals in this area through the bid stage and through delivery, helping member firms to drive pursuit execution, form a strategic response and pitch for our largest and most important opportunities globally, followed by delivery support where required.
The successful candidate will provide expertise on the areas related to Climate Risk, ultimately embedding and transferring knowledge across all member firms. Key Responsibilities
Experience & Background
- Support member firms with proposals in this area through the bid stage and through delivery
- Develop KPMG's Global Climate Risk strategy in consultation with the Global Decarbonization Hub Lead
- Build global connectivity across the Climate Risk capability, creating a community of knowledge sharing across accounts and countries for this specialist area, as well as driving alignment to raise our profile in the market and support the building of subject matter capability in the network
- Oversee and support the strengthening of all KPMG Climate Risk propositions
- Drive a consistent global point of view across thought leadership papers, external marketing campaigns and communications to enhance our global brand
- Develop and build experience and credentials in market leading services and solutions and identify pockets of innovation from the network which can be scaled
- Develop and oversee all Climate Risk related technology solutions, actively examining potential alliance and strategic partner opportunities in the same area
- Lead KPMG's global involvement on all Climate Risk matters with key external stakeholders
- Support and contribute to KPMG's growth plans by working with sectors and functions to build detailed and relevant narratives, which will equip partners and all KPMG colleagues in initiating conversations related to Climate Risk with clients
- Interact and support our key priority accounts in relation to Climate Risk, building strong and meaningful relationships with Lead Partners, client service teams and clients directly
- Originate Climate Risk opportunities and engagements, leading business development initiatives including targeting key C-Suite level individuals, proposing KPMG's services and closing opportunities
- Cooperate with other Global and Regional Hubs as well as our pillars across KPMG IMPACT to ensure we have integrated and end-to-end offerings and one consistent narrative
- Build and manage the Global Climate Risk team
- Deep understanding of Climate Risk as well as climate challenge and drivers for decarbonization
- Minimum 10 years experience working within a professional services firm covering topics associated with Climate Change and Decarbonization
- Experience working at a global level within a global professional services organization is advantageous
- Deep knowledge and awareness of current market trends, activities, and key players
- Proven delivery and contribution of thought leadership with an external voice in the marketplace
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with a range of different stakeholders
- Passionate about the climate change agenda
- Ability to communicate effectively and with gravitas with senior stakeholders both internal and external
- Significant and recent experience in a consulting firm or industry of preparing and delivering Climate Change and Decarbonization services and technology solutions
- Comfortable with ambiguity, fluid consulting situations and a highly pressured environment
- Professional presentation skills with impact, competent in presenting ideas clearly and convincingly to influence senior stakeholders and possessing personal presence, with the ability to earn trust and respect
- Collaborative outlook and team player
At KPMG China, we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, with zero tolerance for any form of discrimination against any persons. It is important for us to create an inclusive, diverse and agile workplace for our people to develop and thrive at both a personal and professional level.
We strive to make ESG (environmental, social and governance) a watermark running through our organisation; from empowering our people to become agents of positive change, to providing better solutions and services to our clients to help them achieve their ESG goals. View Our Impact Plan to learn more about our ESG commitments and progress across four key pillars - Governance, People, Planet and Prosperity - and how we make a positive impact on our people, environment and society.
We encourage you to come as you are, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, and hope you unlock opportunities with us. Visit KPMG China website for more company information.
You acknowledge and agree that all personal information hereby provided regarding yourself will be used by KPMG China for its candidate selection purposed only. KPMG China collects, uses, processes, and retains your personal information in accordance with KPMG China's Online Privacy Statement and/or KPMG China Privacy Statement (collectively " Privacy Statement
"). During the recruitment process, KPMG China may need to store personal information of candidates in a designated third-party application tracking platform.
If you have any questions regarding the information you provided in the form or your job application in general, please contact KPMG China's HR personnel in the location where your application is submitted [ see here ].