About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Account Opening Manager
The successful candidate is responsible for managing Account Opening functions, providing leadership and guidance to within CTAS (Custody Transition & Account Services). CTAS is a central support group for the front office client servicing teams that onboard Institutional and Wealth Management clients.
This individual will provide leadership and strategic direction for operational activities relating to account opening, for clients of varying complexity, utilizing industry knowledge and best practice whilst influencing the design and development of underlying Northern Trust architecture supporting this.
• Oversees operational teams focused on account opening and pre-onboarding activities; aligns closely with stakeholders and delivery teams, develops and shares periodic goals, organizes the work, sets short-term priorities, and monitors all activities, including financials. Ensures work is completed within service level agreements, executed accurately and cost effectiveness of delivery.
• Seasoned leader with extensive business experience, and broad account opening functional expertise, with focus on proactive strategic development and leadership. Data driven decision making specific to transformational account opening, and centre of excellent projects.
• Participates in the client onboarding and lifecycle management work stream to improve client experience and to optimize the end-to-end processing.
• A College or University degree or equivalent years of management experience in client servicing and operations is required.
• Must have experience in AML/KYC.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and strong negotiation skills are required.
• Critical thinking, decision-making, problem-solving skills as well as technical aptitude are needed to navigate systems and research/resolve problems.
• Leadership and organizational skills are required to determine the Business Unit's goals, resources needed, and to assess and develop the skills of staff.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.