The Director, Capital Markets Product Management is part of the Wealth Management Solutions (WMS) business group and is focused on several products including but not limited to fixed income, commercial paper, corporate bonds, mortgage-backed securities, preferred stock securities and Unit Investment Trusts (UITs). The Director will manage the Institutional Business Review Committee, which performs due diligence for Institutional clients prior to account opening at Ameriprise. This role will lead a small team of product managers who are responsible for conducting competitive analysis, proposing new product features and functionality, making pricing recommendations, mitigating operational risk and developing field implementation plans. Key Responsibilities
- Displays leading-edge business insight, make complex decisions, and generates creative solutions.
- Produces product competitive intelligence, implementing tactics to adapt to a changing regulatory environment, overseeing product approval and developing strategy for assigned products.
- Leads Capital Markets interaction with leadership across the organization; comfortable presenting complex ideas to senior leadership.
- Drives Capital Markets initiatives and drive engagement across cross-organizational business units, including Legal, Compliance, Service & Operations, Clearing, Marketing Communications & Training, Capital Markets Sales Consulting, the Investment Research Group and the Centralized Supervisory Unit.
- Provides effective people leadership through effective coaching, feedback, and sound performance management practices.
- Manages policies as they pertain to due diligence, sales credit/commission schedules and fees as related to these products.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 10 years in the financial services industry, preferably including product management
- Knowledge and experience working with Capital Markets products, including fixed income (i.e., brokered CDs, commercial paper, corporate bonds, mortgage-backed securities, municipal, U.S. Treasuries), preferred stock securities and UITs
- Proven people leadership skills
- Subject matter expertise in Capital Markets technology systems, operations, and service delivery
- Experience with Thomson One, Tradeweb, Morningstar
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven organizational skills, including managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically, while being able to implement tactical plans
- Active Series 7 or the ability to obtain within 120 days
About Our Company
- Active Series 24 Registered Principal license
- Active Series 53 Municipal Securities Principal
We're a diversified financial services leader with more than $1 trillion in assets under management and administration. Our team of 20,000 people in more than 20 countries advise, manage and protect the assets and income of more than 2 million individual, small business and institutional clients. We are a long-standing leader in financial planning and advice, a global asset manager and an insurer. Our unwavering focus on our clients and strong financial foundation connects each of our unique businesses - Ameriprise Financial Services, Columbia Threadneedle Investments and RiverSource Insurance and Annuities. Here, we foster meaningful careers, invest in the future, and make a difference for clients, institutions and communities around the world.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law. Full-Time/Part-Time
Full time Exempt/Non-Exempt
Exempt Job Family Group
Marketing/Product Management Line of Business
FPPS Wealth Management Solutions