The Investment Trust & Administration ("ITA") team oversees over $60 billion in Trust assets for Northrop Grumman. ITA is seeking an Investment Analyst in El Segundo, CA. ITA is staffed by a small and collaborative team of investment professionals, with support from the broader corporation.
This is an opportunity to assist with the investments of a major US corporate pension. Working alongside senior investment professionals, the Investment Analyst plays an integral part of investment due diligence, administration, and portfolio management. This individual will work across asset classes including fixed income, public equity, and Alternatives (private equity, real estate, private credit). The Investment Analyst may also participate in policy reviews, projects with 401k plans, and pension strategy.
- Develops and maintains industry-leading knowledge of investment strategies, investment management firms, and capital market developments
- Gathers and synthesizes data for deliverables to senior investment staff and Investment Committee
- Contributes to due diligence to evaluate potential managers and strategies. Drafts investment recommendation/binders to support investment decisions.
- Assists Operations team with managing administrators, custodian, and auditors
- Coordinates with head of Compliance to ensure the trusts are in compliance with the provisions of ERISA and with applicable regulations and directives of the IRS, DOL, DOD, Department of Treasury, and other regulatory agencies.
- Travels to meet with existing investment managers, conduct due diligence sessions, and attend industry conferences
This position may be filled at a higher level based on the qualifications below.
We are seeking a candidate with the following qualifications:
- High proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Strong quantitative skills; well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and organization
- Self-starter comfortable managing multiple projects at a time
- Ability to conduct all activity in a manner consistent with Northrop Grumman’s business policies and procedures, including standards for business practices and ethics