HKEX - Exchange Square Shift:
Standard - 40 Hours (Hong Kong SAR) Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40 Worker Type:
Permanent Job Summary:
AVP in Trading - Development team Job Duties:
We are looking for a bright, engaged, and analytical talent to join our Trading Development Team, helping us to design pragmatic solutions for Cash Trading's strategic initiatives. Working as part of Trading, you will work closely across various disciplines within the organisation to design and implement holistic, integrated and practical solutions to support HKEX group/business objectives. You will not only get involved in the in-flight projects, but also conduct market research and analysis to identify the market needs. You will also gain hands on experience to see through project implementation including business analysis and justification, solution design, project management, ensuring market readiness and obtaining regulatory approvals. If you are looking for a role that is fast-paced and challenging and allows you to think strategically and outside the box, this will be a perfect role for you. Job Responsibilities:
- Involve in the execution and implementation of HKEX's strategic projects, including but not limited to the Hong Kong market structure and Stock Connect related projects
- Act as an internal subject matter expert for Hong Kong market structure and Stock Connect and liaise with counterparts in the Mainland exchanges and clearing house
- Design/assist to design and deliver business solutions for Stock Connect related and other initiatives
- Conduct market and policy research relating to market development for the execution of strategic projects
- Prepare write-ups, management papers, reports, proposals and presentation materials (both in English and Chinese)
- University degree holder preferably in finance, economics or other business related subjects
- 6 years' relevant experience in the financial services industry
- A self-starter, team player and good communicator with sound judgment and good problem solving skills.
- Strong technical skills and understanding in Hong Kong cash market and Stock Connect a definite advantage
- Strong business sense with ability to multitask across priorities and deadlines
- Proficiency in English and Chinese (Mandarin) a must with excellent communications skill and proactive attitude
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEX) is one of the world's major exchange groups, and operates a range of equity, commodity, fixed income and currency markets. HKEX is the world's leading IPO market and as Hong Kong's only securities and derivatives exchange and sole operator of its clearing houses, it is uniquely placed to offer regional and international investors access to Asia's most vibrant markets.
As the global markets leader in the Asian time-zone, we offer a world of opportunities for early careers and experienced hires. Here, we know that diverse thinking fosters better solutions, and we are committed to building an open and dynamic environment which allows our business to innovate and our people to thrive.
Discover the latest career opportunities and programmes at HKEX.
HKEX is committed as an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is one of our core values and we look to support, respect diverse perspectives, abilities, culture and experiences within our workplace.