Senior VP, Team Lead - Cash Product Development, Group Transaction Banking
Posting Date: 1 Dec 2023
Singapore (City Area), Singapore, Singapore, 048624
Company: United Overseas Bank Ltd About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices. Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Wholesale Bank function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients. Job Responsibilities
Reporting to the team head of Cash Product Management, the position will be part of the GTB Cash Product Management and Development team.
Establishing and leading the Product Development team with the objective of ensuring all projects assigned are executed using a 'best-practice' Project Delivery Approach and are delivered within the agreed scope, time, cost and quality.
This role will oversee a portfolio of GTB projects, provides expert knowledge and support, tracks progress and reports on the overall status. Complex projects will include but not limited to Virtual Account Management, Pricing & Billing, e-Invoicing.
In addition, this role is responsible for the management of Change Requests ensuring quarterly of releases are implemented on time and on budget.
Lastly, this role is also responsible for the end-to-end oversight of all ecosystem partnerships across GTB for Cash initiatives - from opportunity identification, onboarding, performance management to exit process.
- Lead a team of Product Managers, responsible for collaborating with business units in Group Wholesale to identify product development opportunities based on customer needs, competitive landscape, data analysis and market research. Develop strategic product roadmap.
- Work closely with Product Managers to constantly enhance and innovate existing product capabilities to address changing customer requirements and increase product competitiveness.
- Manage the administration for project submissions and approvals through the agreed prioritisation and approval process, maintain a pipeline of approved projects.
- Ensure all projects responsible are delivered according to project schedules and budgets you have developed in consultation with Product Management, Technology and Operations teams.
- Build business requirements (BRD) as the basis for Technical Development, Operations, processing and other cross functional departments to build systems, procedure and materials to support product development and ongoing product enhancements.
- Work with technology to ensure functional specification (FSD) are aligned to BRD for sign-off.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of new product development within defined objectives. Close collaboration with Product Managers on scope and timelines of new and enhanced products.
- Perform assigned tasks in the product development lifecycle, monitors progress and ensures projects are progressing according to their established timeline.
- Design and manage the new product development process with selected partners and alliances.
- Roll out new and enhanced products to overseas branches and subsidiaries.
- Work with product owners and key business partners to ensure end-to-end integrity of final delivered solutions, processes and documentation.
- Maintain overall project plan, ensure that all aspects of the projects are captured, recorded, followed up and documented properly. Consolidate and maintain overall project plans and logs (issue, risk, change management, financials, budget, headcount, etc).
- Work closely with Product Managers, Technology and Operations teams to manage communication of new and enhanced product solutions.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor's Degree.
- At least 10 years of working experience, ideally in the wholesale banking space and significant experience at a senior level in Transaction Banking.
- Must possess with very strong cross-platform digital and technical knowledge and up-to-date with the latest market development.
- A proven track record of leading complex projects to completion.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.