The Business Operational Risk Management team assist their aligned group/divisions to ensure that there are effective mechanisms in place to identify, record and assess operational risks, provide assurance that controls are working, monitor and report on operational issues, errors and breakdowns and escalate/report issues where appropriate.
At Macquarie, we are working to create lasting value for our communities, our clients and our people. We are a global financial services group operating in 34 markets and with 54 years of unbroken profitability. You'll be part of a supportive team where everyone - no matter what role - contributes ideas and drive outcomes. What role will you play?
In this role, you will be responsible for identifying operational issues and control breakdowns, proactive controls assurance deep-dives and through incident investigation and reporting. You will highlight any controls issues to management and work collaboratively with your team on appropriate responses. This role will be responsible for conducting operational risk workshops and training and driving reviews of Group wide policies and procedures. You will undertake analysis and reporting of risk information on a routine and exception basis, presenting clear and concise findings to the team and business leads. What you offer
- You will have experience in delivering control assurance and undertaking detailed data analysis
- Ideally, you willhave experience working within operational risk management and/or control assurance in the financial services sector either in house or in a professional services environment
- Alternatively, you may have experience functional experience and looking to transition into operational risk. You will receive the necessary training on the operational risk framework to set you up for success in this role
- You will have the ability to analyse data, think laterally, grasp abstract concepts and complex situations and strong problem-solving skills.
- We love hearing from anyone inspired to build a better future with us, if you're excited about the role or working at Macquarie we encourage you to apply.
Macquarie employees can access a wide range of benefits which, depending on eligibility criteria and location, include:
About the Corporate Operations Group
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- One wellbeing leave day per year and minimum 25 days of annual leave.
- Primary carers are eligible for minimum 20 weeks paid leave and minimum 6 weeks for secondary carer
- Paid volunteer leave and donation matching
- Range of benefits to support your physical, psychological and financial wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition and service awards
In our Corporate Operations Group, you will work at the heart of Macquarie. Join a collaborative team who accelerate digitalisation, sustainability and social impact for the benefit of our people, customers, shareholders and communities. Our teams include technology, digital transformation and data, operations, human resources, business services, corporate strategy and solutions and the Macquarie Group Foundation. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including color and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.