Job Description: AVP - Product Management Why this role is important to us.
Global Billing Operations ("GBO") is responsible for all of State Street's client billing processes across the globe. The remit spans across Asset Servicing, Alpha, Global Markets, Global Advisors and the Digital division, covering over 50+ billing processes and 40+ legacy platforms. GBO is undergoing a multi-year transformation spanning people and operating model, processes and controls, data automation and technology.
State Street has established a Global Billing Function under Global Finance Center under Controllership, which is responsible for Billing Transformation, Client billing set up and invoicing across all business lines and geographies globally at State Street. Organizationally, it combines all groups performing these activities, and also includes centers residing in State Street Shared Service locations in India, Poland and China. Job Purpose
State Street has committed to significantly automating and streamlining the technology and data associated to its varied billing processes. As part of this commitment, there is a dedicated Billing Transformation organization responsible for developing and implementing the appropriate strategy to migrate from legacy, manual processes to a highly automated environment with more robust controls. A significant component of the Transformation team is located in the GFC and responsible for several key areas of implementing the transformation efforts.
AVP (Product Management) - Global Finance Center ("GFC") will be supporting GFC Billing Transformation Product Owner(s), as the team implements billing transformation strategy across Client Set Up Application, Data Hub, and ORMB billing application. The person will be partnering with onshore product owner(s), developing business requirements (FSDs, BRDs and etc.), track, report progress, targets and outcome linked to target state of product and applications. This role will be responsible for ensuring all product releases, toll gates within agreed timelines, automation, user acceptance testing of applications, system build out validation in line with the strategy and prioritization defined by the Head of Billing Transformation to achieve the goals of migration to the single, Oracle based platform (ORMB). What you will be responsible for
What we Value
- Actively participate/contribute in Product workshops along with Product owner, Stakeholders and IT partners.
- Create user stories/Business requirements as needed and work with IT partners to scope those requirements for the future product releases and to document/track the backlog for future releases.
- Work with the product end user teams to identify pain points or tasks that can be automated to reduce the client onboarding/setup duration .Triage with the product owner to add the requirements to the backlog and track them to closure.
- Working knowledge of JIRA / Confluence and Agile / Waterfall methodologies is a must.
- Work across the project/BAU teams of business and technology to analyze and explain any issues/solutions pertaining to the billing product.
- Work along with the Business UAT Team in testing new product features or fixes, as part of the release schedule/cycle.
- Develop/review SOP , Workarounds, checklists to document all the features of the billing product(s)
- The product specialist will work in a fast-paced complex engagement model on a day-to-day basis.
- Collaborate closely with the In-Market Product owner(s) and Platform management team to understand expectations and deliverable timelines and ensure that deliverables of the team are load balanced as compared to team staffing.
- Develop the team to adopt "owner's mind set", work independently, and effectively manage timelines
- Manage/collaborate with resources to assist with ad-hoc projects and new activities to support the GBO controller group and program
- Evolve process for Billing Transformation, performing managerial reasonableness reviews and discussing reporting & analytics deliverables prepared by the team.
- Provide support to key stakeholders of the team to present analytical results, triage findings and identify solutions
- First point of escalation within the local reporting line for dealing with issues (people/process/technology) and ensuring that compliance requirements are adhered to (e.g. company policies surrounding standard of conduct, information security, employment regulations)
- Coaches Strong collaboration with the team and works with onshore leadership to establish the team member goals and gather feedback for performance appraisals.
- Ensure completion of deliverables within the committed timeframe including assistance with development of deliverable plans.
- Promote risk excellence culture and looking at opportunities for continuous improvement.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Attention to detail, ownership and accountability
- Ability to navigate and partner with various stakeholders
- Ability to lead teams and manage cross functional domain teams
- Ability to communicate and above par presentation skills
- Positive attitude, organized, self-starter, with a history of contributing to a successful, diverse team
- Demonstrated experience of multi-tasking and effective time management with attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Ability to influence across siloes and work with broader teams and a collaborative attitude
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in IT/Product Management with an experience minimum of 12 to 15 years working with in Financial/Global Services Organization /Investment banking related IT Industry
- Worked as a product owner, Product specialist or product design owner in an global multi-faceted function.
- Well versed with billing processes in corporate environment
- Exposure to Financial services industry
- Experience within global projects/stakeholders and global organizations
- Complex operational setting involving analysis of financial data
- Engaged in business or migration/conversion processes
- Experience of Oracle Revenue Management and Billing (ORMB) application an advantage
- Direct support to business or product line management / executives
About State Street What we do
- Experience in setting up managing, people, managing and tracking deliverables, setting up reporting cadence ability to summarize - and provide status to key stakeholders
- Understanding of State Street - functional structure- and experience in GD, Operations ( would be an added advantage)
. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow
. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers