State Street has established a Global Billing Function under Controllership, which is responsible for client billing set up and invoicing across all business lines and geographies globally at State Street. Organizationally, it combines all groups performing these activities globally, and also includes centers residing in State Street Shared Service locations in Poland, India and China. Billing Organization owns aspects of business-as-usual activities within billing areas and also drives process improvements and automation.
Basic Purpose of Job: The Client Set-up associate should be subject matter knowledge and issues and escalation management in the assigned area of client billing and invoice creation. The candidate develops a thorough understanding of State Street's business practices to effectively perform independent, complex platform configuration, data collection and analysis. Client/Fee schedule is very the most important function of GBO and have the direct impact on downstream process hence the role need eye for detail.
Reporting to the Finance CoE Manager, working remotely alongside in-market team members to close a multitude of activities associated with client invoice generation and analytics of the assigned business units (BU).
Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Finance, Chartered Accountant - final (CA) or preferred Certified Public Accountant (CPA)/MBA Finance) 7-9 years of progressive experience in Accounts receivable, banking areas with major financial institutions Financial Planning & Analysis in a global setting
Complex operational setting involving analysis of financial data
Direct support to business or product line management / executives
Financial services setting Well Versed with ERP ORMB - good knowledge, experience Well versed with O2C process, system automation etc Project experience Variance analysis and reporting of insights.
Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels, both internal and external
Analytical, with strong problem-solving abilities and creative resolution skills
Self-motivated, with the ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Comfortable presenting and pitching new ideas to senior management teams in large settings
Ability to remain organized, pay strict attention to detail, and meet critical deadlines within a high volume, fast-paced environment
Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
Detailed orientated with ability to consistently and accurately execute against operational controls
Ability to adapt to a changing environment and demands of transition of new clients
Must possess strong communication skills with ability to participate in or lead conference calls and present financial results to financial and
non-financial audiences at various levels of seniority
Pride of ownership with the ability to drive results within the Business
Solid business knowledge as it relates to the financial services industry
Strong Analytical skill set
Financial product and institution knowledge
Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
Results oriented ownership mindset
Ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines
Business As Usual (BAU) Activities:
Collaborate closely with the onshore team to understand expectations and deliverable timelines and ensure that deliverables
• Develop the team to adopt "owner's mind set", work independently, and effectively manage timelines
• Manage resources to assist with ad-hoc projects and new transactions to support the GBO controller group
• Lead the day to day activities of Client Set-up Global level engagement to onboard the client and fee schedule on different billing platform
Provide support to key stakeholders of the team to present analytical results, findings First point of escalation within the local reporting line for dealing with issues (people/process/technology) and ensuring that compliance requirements are adhered to (e.g. company policies surrounding standard of conduct, information security, employment regulations)
• May be required to participate in or conduct a wide range of accounting and financial analyses on critical and complex issues which may include variance analysis and accounting transactions.
• May serve as a subject matter expert on particular Set-up transactions. Coordinate with onshore team treatment for complex transactions
• Participate in or manage function specific projects as needed Ensure completion of deliverable within the committed timeframe including assistance with development of deliverable plans, attending deliverable specific or recurring meetings between the team and the onshore team. Team deliverables revolve around