Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
Regional Underwriting Manager - Property & Package
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Manchester leadership team as a Regional Underwriting Manager, managing our Property & Package book of business. This role will focus on delivering the agreed allocation of the business plan and management of the underwriting team. With a split between mono and packaged business, this is an experienced successful team who are market-facing and trading led. The role itself is also broker engagement led and hands on whilst providing technical underwriting support to your team. Our overall Manchester and wider UK underwriting offerings have delivered sustained, continued growth and this role will be instrumental in continuing this growth trajectory throughout 2024 and beyond. Your responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the overall Branch business Plan and deliver key metrics of the Product Business Plans - GWP, New Business, NCOR, Rate, Retention and Acquisition Costs.
- Monitor and report on progress Plan to Branch Head of Trading, identify deviations, recommend remedial action, and implement. Contribute to the Planning process by working with the Product teams to make recommendations from an overall branch perspective
- Ensure the team's awareness of the business plan and its context, to be able to make decisions appropriately. Apply the Reinsurance Strategy in order to safeguard the portfolio
- Execute responsibilities as required by QBE EO's underwriting and compliance framework to ensure all activities: | comply with all legal and regulatory requirements; | adhere to underwriting standards and good practice; | meet conduct risk effectively
- Underwrite insurance risks in accordance with the business plan and the personal authority to meet business objectives, including: | negotiating rates, terms and conditions for existing and new business| compliance with the production and issue of contract certainty documentation | ensuring compliance with internal and external regulations and guidelines | ensuring contribution to the business plan and objectives | support credit control in payment collection
- Contribute to the review and analysis of the portfolio, as required, to identify any trends that require action or further investigation, participating to the peer review process whilst encouraging excellence
- Keep abreast of market dynamics and demonstrate market cycle awareness to be able to operate effectively and appropriately. Engage with broker, customer, and other partners through external engagement/visibility to maximise influence and achieve Business Plan Objectives
- In collaboration with the Market Management provide input to distribution plans with agreed strategic broker partners. Represent QBE's interests at a local level with the press, internal and external groups and through participation in industry forums.
- Work with the Head of Trading and support the product team to: |execute business plan and strategy | align people, resources, and processes to business needs | establish clear accountabilities and build a culture of collaboration
- Manage, resource, motivate, develop, and focus the team to ensure the required standards of performance and support the continuing personal and professional development of team members
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience
- Manage and make recommendations in respect of recruitment, performance management, recognition, and reward of the Branch team. Provide input to the UK talent and development plans by actively managing at Branch level to ensure PDP's in place and managed through Me@QBE
- Experience in Underwriting and wider market conditions across the Property & Package Underwriting space.
- Either previous of clear transferable skills for people management, providing encouragement, support and technical expertise to your team
- Good numeracy, literacy and analytical skills
- Good trading and negotiation skills with excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Intermediate/advanced level understanding of relevant software, including Excel and other departmental software packages.
- Good knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory requirements
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Why QBE? At My Best
At QBE, we want our people to feel rewarded and inspired to perform at their best, that's why we have created At My Best". It's our connection, our way of showing we have your back. We understand that one size doesn't fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. It's in the culture of our business, our QBE DNA, to support our people. Everything we do is underpinned by our QBE DNA - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation.
Some of the award's QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include;" Employer of the Year 2022 Winner
- Insurance Insider British Claims Awards 2022 Winner
- InsurTech Award" Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner -
Claims Product Solution of the Year" Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021
Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response"" Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022
Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year"
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women's Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent Inclusion of Diversity
We are striving to create a workplace culture where all our people feel included, and we are committed to building a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we operate in. We know that diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our customers." About QBE
QBE is an international insurer and reinsurer, listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and headquartered in Sydney. We employ more than 11,000 people, with a local presence in 27 countries.
We are driven by our purpose of enabling a more resilient future - helping those around us build strength and embrace change to their advantage. We've been cultivating resilience since 1886, when our founders started a marine insurance company in Australia to give early pioneers a safeguard against uncertainty. Today, we're still giving our customers confidence to explore, innovate and take measured risks, secure in the knowledge they're covered by a strong insurer. We work hard to build a culture that best supports our people, and not only represents our business, but the world around us. As a business insurance specialist, QBE European Operations offers a range of insurance products from the standard suite of property, casualty and motor to the specialist financial lines, marine and energy. All are tailored to the individual needs of our small, medium and large customer base. To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website . What next?
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE's vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to APPLY NOW! Simply click the apply" button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role. Please make the Talent Acquisition aware should there be any reasonable adjustments that may need to be made for the interview and the remainder of the recruitment process.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.