We're seeking Senior Credit Manager experienced in funds risk to join our Credit Risk Team who are responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Key Responsibilities:
• Assist with the risk management of the Funds EMEA portfolio and aid business growth expectations in line with risk tolerance levels.
• Manage risk exposures of Funds portfolio. Provide early warning and identify deteriorating credits.
• Ensure risk identification, measurement, reporting, and modelling capabilities are objective, consistent, and compliant with applicable regulations
• Ensure that material risk exposures and related issues are reported to the SCO Funds Risk
• Ensuring that the quality of Business Credit Applications (BCAs) meets Group standards, particularly with regards to the completeness and depth of risk analysis.
• Monitoring compliance with Credit Policy and Portfolio Guidelines / Underwriting Guidelines periodically and reviewing any divergence thereof with the SCO Funds Risk
• Ensure EAR process is adhered to
• Initiate stress tests as required by internal and external factors and review results and assess their implications
• Maintain a good understanding of the requirements of key external stakeholders in respect of risk management and ensure these are well understood internally and reflected in internal procedures
• Implement the overall Risk Management Framework and Global Underwriting Guidelines for Funds and oversee their effective application.
• Maintain an open and cooperative relationship in dealings with regulators and auditors. Skills and Experience
• Substantial experience at the highest level in the banking industry, including demonstrated success in a similar role.
• Ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return)
• Multi-cultural awakened and sensitivity
• Demonstrated track record in successful management and ability to manage risk in geographically dispersed and highly varied product base
• Significant relationship management experience - with external stakeholder at senior levels. About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers