State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $33.5 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $3.1 trillion in assets under investment management as of June 30th, 2020. State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 39,000 worldwide.
Global Treasury is part of the Corporate Finance organization with approximately 170 teammates worldwide. Its focus includes managing the company's investment portfolio and funding needs, optimizing the balance sheet and net interest income (NII) and driving risk/return frameworks to manage the company's capital position and liquidity and interest rate risk profiles.
Asset Liability Management (ALM) is a function within Global Treasury with approximately 40 teammates worldwide. ALM is responsible for the company's balance sheet strategy, forecasting NII and measuring interest rate risk sensitivities under different rate scenarios. It works closely with other Global Treasury, Finance and Line of Business units to provide analysis and recommendation for strategic changes to the company's balance sheet.
The key task for the role includes:
Key Responsibilities & Experience Range
- Oversight of balance sheet data acquisition, integrity and reporting within the QRM application for purpose of balance sheet analysis and IRR measurement
- Analyzing output and ensuring accuracy of results
- Ensuring timely preparation and delivery of ALM reporting and analytics for corporate and selected international legal entities performing timely and accurate ad-hoc analyses
- Providing value added analytics is a fundamental expectation of the role as is ability to provide strategic input into time critical initiatives
Skills & Knowledge
- Following procedures and maintaining existing processes, but also thinking critically about forecast and IRR topics to build subject matter expertise
- Providing analytical support to drive key balance sheet initiatives
- Reporting and analyzing actual balance sheet, NII and IRR trends to support month-end and quarter-end processes
- Responding in a timely and accurate manner to ad-hoc requests
- Working with other team members across ALM, Treasury, and Finance to ensure timely, accurate reporting for routine committee presentations
- Minimum of postgraduate degree, preferably in Finance / Economics or quantitative discipline, 4-7 Years of experience in banking, financial services with some exposure to interest rate risk management.
- Proven ability to solve problems and improve existing processes
- Ability to grasp new concepts in a fast-paced environment
- Works well independently and collaborates across teams
- Strong quantitative aptitude/skills
- Detail orientation
- Proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) software experience preferred, but not required