About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working Model: Hybrid
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
Global Fund Services:
Global Fund Services (GFS) is a full-service provider of fund solutions to investment manager and fund company clients around the world. North America GFS Operations provides Fund Accounting and Administration, Custody Servicing, Investment Outsourcing Operations, Transfer Agency, and Investor Servicing. Our expert team of 900 partners across North America are solutions-oriented, innovative, and passionate about servicing clients and helping them execute their business strategies. We commit ourselves to ensuring our partners reach their full potential.
The Treasury & Budgeting Consultant performs analytical, control and client servicing activities to ensure accurate and timely performance measurement, expense administration and reporting to established standards.
The individual takes ownership of tasks and works independently, yet receives supervision when needed by the Management.
1. Analysis/Client Servicing
- Calculate, analyze and report performance calculations, 30 Day SEC Yields.
- Provide data to database companies including NAV's, Net Assets, etc... to calculate accurate performance and statistics.
- Field and respond to client inquiries and escalate issues.
- Exhibit a sound understanding of NT products and services.
- Maintain relationships with internal and external clients.
- Prepare, review and deliver schedule monthly, quarterly and annual Fund expenses.
- Update, prepare and revise any fee based expense accruals to the Fund Accounting system.
- Properly track, allocate and post expenses in the Fund Accounting records.
- Set up and post expenses in Web Cash Movement (WCM).
- Prepare expense reports for Semi-Annual, Annual and Prospectus reporting.
- Continuously provide insight on process improvement by strengthening controls and procedures.
2. Risk and Control
- Ensure the accurate and timely performance measurement reporting. This is accomplished through reconciliation and analysis of the data source for the calculations as well as preparing the reporting with necessary supporting documentation.
- Monitor and reconcile of data feed information used within the.
- Respond to internal and external audit requests promptly and accurately.
- Maintain and develop departmental procedures.
- Ensure adherence to all established procedures and controls.
3.Technology /Innovation/ Productivity
- Use internal systems to gain full knowledge of the applications as they relate to the responsibilities of the team.
- Compile, monitor and verify data used within internal systems.
- Use relevant internal technology solutions to effectively and efficiently manage client inquiries.
- Identify ways to improve productivity and efficiency within the department.
- Assist in the coordination of new business and product implementations and conversions.
- Develop key internal relationships to proactively aid in the resolution of client issues.
- Proactively participate in meetings to accomplish the objective set forth.
- Promote a cohesive team atmosphere through exhibiting strong leadership, effective communication, professionalism, and development of own career path.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education level and/or relevant experience(s)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of accounting experience.
- 5 years of experience in fund/investment accounting.
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Knowledge of SEC N-1A and N-2 requirements and or separate account performance are a plus
- Analytical ability
- Ability to plan and prioritize assignments through multi-tasking while dealing with competing deadlines
- Written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Client service skills
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.