Job Description: Job Title
ESG Data: Data Flows and Data Modelling Specialist Location
Birmingham Corporate Title
Assistant Vice President
The Sustainability Data and Technology (SDT) Programme is a bank wide programme to deliver a strategic solution for Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) data across Deutsche Bank. The Programme is part of the Sustainability Strategy Key Deliverable.
As Data Modelling Specialist, you will be part of the Environmental, Social and Governance Data Team. What we'll offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre. Hybrid Working
We understand that employee expectations and preferences are changing. We have implemented a Hybrid Working Model that enables eligible employees to work remotely for a part of their working time and reach a working pattern that works for them.
You can expect:
Your key responsibilities
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR programme + 2 days' volunteering leave per year
Your skills and experience
- Work with the business intelligence team to gather requirements for the database design and model
- Own and prioritize the Data Modelling roadmap to deliver on business outcomes, identifying points of leverage in complex problems or systems, and utilizing data effectively to define success metrics and measurable outcomes
- Perform 'deep dives' to interpret data quality issues, identify remediation and track to resolution
- Work as part of the Data Foundational Workflow process in order to identify and agree the required definition, ownership and modelling for Environmental, Social and Governance data
- Work with the bank wide enterprise data modelling teams to get attributes included to publish to the Enterprise Data Model
How we'll support you
- Relevant data experience on both GCP and on-prem implementations; demonstratable hands-on and relevant experience in data management (data governance, data quality, data architecture) in large, cross-jurisdiction bank/financial institutions
- Solid analytical skills in business and requirements management, including effective manipulation of Excel spreadsheets (formulas, pivot tables, VLOOKUP)
- Experience in multidisciplinary projects (cross-divisional and cross-geographies) and ability to prioritise multiple tasks and working under pressure
- Experience of managing business stakeholder relationships, attention to detail with great communication skills, verbal, listening and written; Strong interest in Environmental, Social and Governance / sustainability an advantage
- Ability to work in virtual teams and in matrix organizations
- Familiarity and experience in following areas will be a plus & a strong advantage: Data Architecture; Data Protection tools; Data insight analytics, text mining, graph technology, artificial intelligence, machine learning, document management, data tracing, etc.
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Deutsche Bank in the UK is proud to have been named a Times Top 50 Employer for Gender Equality for three consecutive years. Additionally, we have been awarded a Silver Award from Stonewall for two years running and named in their Top 100 Employers for 2023 for our work supporting LGBTQ+ inclusion.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.