The Vacancy OVERALL SUMMARY
At Close Brothers we look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don't tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life.
Join the Close Brothers Asset Finance (CBAF) team where you will provide effective, timely and commercial risk-based underwriting decisions on deals proposed to the Transport Division, specifically for our National Accounts and ESG team which operate nationally.
You will underwrite deals proposed in a consistent and timely manner, managing a caseload of up to 15 proposals per day, while also assisting the local Credit Manager with proposals that fall outside of mandate. You will form opinions from analysis undertaken to make decisions within mandated authority, under current group policy rules and regulatory procedures. RESPONSIBILITIES
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- Assess creditworthiness of customers proposed to CBAF using accounts, bank statements, credit searches, assets type and suitability of the dealer.
- Assess asset values and obtain valuations via internet, Glasses Guide, CAP, auction sites, dealers and personal experience.
- Complete Land Registry searches & internet house price valuations when required.
- Verify credit limits within Group before underwriting.
- Communicate decisions to Sales regarding proposals in a manner that is collaborative and respectful, encouraging good working relationship between the teams.
- Discuss and advise on potential deals from Sales before they are submitted.
- Liaise with other parts of CBAF regarding customers/deals to safeguard company interests.
- Speak to the Collections Team regarding arrears customers who are looking for further business.
- Deal with any issues raised by Processing team regarding deals to pay out, invoices, acceptance conditions not adhered to.
IT IS NOT ESSENTIAL BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU:
- You are a bright go getting individual that is tenacious and resilient with a strong desire to succeed.
- You have the ability to deliver quality outputs within agreed timescales.
- You have the ability to work under pressures whilst maintaining a positive mental attitude.
- You are numerate with proven analytical ability.
- You have a strong ability to plan and organise, as well as practical problem solving skills.
- You are an excellent communicator with a direct and open style.
- You have the enthusiasm and drive for generating revenue with evidence of "going the extra mile" coupled with strong client focus, a flexible and resilient attitude.
- You are able to demonstrate. an understanding of the business.
- Have knowledge of underwriting within the Asset Financing environment.
We are an inclusive organisation and committed to ensuring our recruitment process is as accessible as possible to everyone. We will make adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format or would like to discuss the recruitment process with us, please email us at email@example.com or request a call back. ABOUT US
Close Brothers is a leading UK merchant banking group providing lending, deposit taking, wealth management services and securities trading. At Close Brothers we provide financial support and advice to small businesses and individuals in the UK. Our purpose is to help the people and businesses of Britain thrive over the long term. To find out more about Close Brothers, please visit our careers page:
https://www.closebrothers.com/careers To find out more about life at Close Brothers:
https://www.closebrothers.com/life-close-brothers#374017299-899295541 To find out more about our benefits:
https://www.closebrothers.com/employee-benefits To find out more about our commitment to creating an inclusive environment: