The Associate VP M&A - Deal Origination will be focussed on the identification and evaluation of acquisition opportunities that meet with GEDU's strategic objectives. They will work in close collaboration with the senior management of GEDU in order to ensure a joined-up approach from origination through to completion and ultimately integration within the group.
The Associate VP M&A - Deal Origination will provide regular analysis and progress reports towards the objectives of Group M&A. Responsibilities include pipeline management, target profiles, financial and valuation analysis, as well as execution and due diligence support in executing potential transactions.ROLE and RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Skills and Experience
- Carrying out market reviews in order to identify potential targets across target jurisdictions, providing analysis and evaluation through an M&A Lense.
- Build and maintain key relationships in the Education sector.
- Build and apply Valuation skills.
- Prepare presentations to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors on new acquisition opportunities, supporting the Group M&A team and the regional management teams.
- Participate with the support of the various strategic members and M&A in Due Diligence and help coordinate external advisors where appropriate.
- Support the Executive Management team on the M&A process in particular by supporting the interface with potential targets, their shareholders or advisers.
- Help the Management prepare negotiation documents, take part in meetings, analyse sales and purchase documents until closure.
- Assist in the conclusion of the transaction, including financial settlements.
- Contribute to the integration of newly acquired companies.
- Monitor any post-closing obligation resulting from the acquisition (annual account, earn-outs, post-closing performance, warranties).
- Finance / Technical Background demonstrated through any combination of Finance or Engineering Bachelor's degree, Master's degree in Business Administration, and/or CFA Certification.
- Strong Financial modelling skills.
- ACA qualified preferred but not required depending on experience.
- Min 3 years in Transaction Services, M&A (industry or boutique), Investment Banking or Private Equity.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration abilities, initiative, and teambuilding skills
- Fluent written and spoken English, other languages a plus.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail.
The Associate VP M&A - Deal Origination will also be expected to demonstrate their commitment:
- to gedu values and regulations, including equal opportunities policy.
- the gedu Social, Economic and Environmental responsibilities and minimise environmental impact in the performance of the role and actively contribute to the delivery of gedu Environmental Policy.
- to their Health and Safety responsibilities to ensure their contribution to a safe and secure working environment for staff, students, and other visitors to the campus.