We are looking for an experienced senior pricing practitioner, with specific experience in the UK general insurance personal lines market to join WTW as a Personal Lines Pricing Associate Director. You will join our UK and Ireland general insurance practice within the wider Insurance Consulting and Technology (ICT") division, to help us to grow and develop our pricing advisory capability. You will work beside some of the market's top thought leaders designing and implementing cutting-edge solutions to the pricing and underwriting challenges faced by the UKs leading general insurers and intermediaries.
In your role you will be helping our broad range of UK personal lines pricing and underwriting clients by:
- Delivering best in class pricing and underwriting capability and process reviews
- Designing appropriate pricing analytics and helping to build effective pricing models, tools and processes using a wide range of data science techniques
- Supporting the design and delivery of appropriate underwriting approaches in line with client portfolio management strategy
- Designing and building sophisticated MI and portfolio management capabilities
- Leveraging your market knowledge in developing cutting edge personal lines pricing solutions in collaboration with various teams from across WTW
- To build and develop a market profile as a representative and advocate of WTW pricing consulting services and technology solutions
- Manage workstreams within large projects, overseen by senior colleagues but with responsibility for communication with clients and the day-to-day running of projects
- Work collaboratively across a range of projects and internal management and innovation responsibilities, managing priorities and resources appropriately
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with client contacts through effective communication and efficient, high quality execution of client work
- Willingly and energetically become involved across a variety of work to ensure that a broad skill set (technical, management and client) is maintained and developed
- Interface with colleagues from other specialisms, practices and regions on assignments that reflect a client's broader business challenges and needs
- Contribute to the development of the company's intellectual capital including the plans for taking this to market
- Develop and present proposals to potential clients, demonstrating the commercial value of our offerings
- Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
- Opportunity to serve as line manager or mentor to more junior associates
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Demonstrable experience of pricing and/or underwriting, and of interactions with adjacent functions, in a UK general insurance firm - (personal lines) - either with experience across multiple lines of business or a deep expertise in a particular line
- A commercial mindset and finisher" attitude, focussed on tangible outcomes
- An advocate for the development of analytical approaches and the adoption of new techniques, including data science, machine learning and AI
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Excellent project management skills
- The ability to see the "big picture", engaging and leveraging the resources of adjacent specialisms to address clients' business challenges
- Occasional domestic travel required
At WTW, we believe difference makes us stronger. We want our workforce to reflect the different and varied markets we operate in and to build a culture of inclusivity that makes colleagues feel welcome, valued and empowered to bring their whole selves to work every day. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive work environment throughout our organisation. We embrace all types of diversity.
Irrespective of which office you join, you will be part of the wider WTW community. Our inclusion networks include Gender Equity, LGBT+, Multicultural, Workability and Young Professionals and our Corporate Social Responsibility group champions social and charitable activities in our local communities. These groups are at the heart of how we engage and inspire colleagues in our offices.
At WTW, we trust you to know your work and the people, tools, and environment you need to be successful. The majority of our colleagues work in a "hybrid" style, with a mix of at home and in-office interactions dependent on the needs of the team, the role requirements, and client interactions or full-time in the office. This role can be based in either London or Reigate and there would be an expectation of at least 3 days in the office.