Job Description: Job Title: Senior Risk Manager, Digital Assets Location: London
DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers with EUR 821bn of assets under management (as of 31 December 2022). Building on more than 60 years of experience, it has a reputation for excellence in Germany, Europe, the Americas and Asia. DWS is recognised by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines. Overview:
This role has responsibility for independent risk management oversight for a specific risk type (e.g. Credit, Market, Liquidity, Operational) and embedding the Group's Risk Management Framework for that risk type within the Business Divisions and Infrastructure functions. They contribute to the setting of risk appetite for given risk type, and monitor against it. They also independently assess risks for complex or significant transactions or other drivers / key controls, and provide challenge and advisory at a senior level. They make decisions and approvals based on their allocated authority level, and are a point of escalation for disputed assessments or decisions. Role responsibilities also include reviewing the effectiveness of current frameworks and methodologies as these are used and collaborates with others to improve and develop these.
The DWS Digital Asset Operational Risk Management program comprises a Risk Type Controller team within the Global Risk Management portfolio and is designed to assist all DWS businesses and infrastructure units to identify, assess, mitigate, and track risks associated with DWS's digital asset portfolio managed by internal and external service providers. It is expected that the Digital Asset NFRM specialist will work closely and in connection with a Digital Asset Financial Risk specialist who (among other responsibilities) will be charged with establishing the framework for the assessment of digital asset counterparty (financial) risks, as well as the broader DWS NFRM team including TPRM (who are responsible for the framework for the assessment of all third party related risk, including digital asset service providers), Information Security and the Digital Strategy, Products & Solutions (DSPS) team.
At present the DSPS team has two focus areas managed as distinct projects:
Using the power of APIs to connect with our partners to deliver asset management-as-a-service ("AMaaS") Exploring opportunities for digital assets in asset management, including cryptocurrencies, stablecoins and tokenized funds.
The new Digital Asset NFR role will focus on operational risk topics associated with the aforementioned initiatives. What we'll offer you:
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre. You can expect:
Your key responsibilities:
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide-ranging CSR programme + 2 days' volunteering leave per year
Your skills and experience:
- Owner of the Digital Asset Operational Risk Management program
- Ensure proper risk assessment methodology is being applied to digital asset related service providers (e.g., external trading platforms/custodians/crypto registrars)
- Proper monitoring and reporting on the operational risks associated with digital assets (including cybersecurity)
- Become a key global digital asset expert and develop strong working relationships with stakeholders across the control functions and divisions
- Establish DWS Group risk management minimum standards for the development and implementation of digital asset related products and solutions (incl. fund tokenization, stablecoins and cryptocurrencies)
- Help enforce alignment to necessary regulatory obligations for digital assets
- Collaborate with the first line of defense to help communicate and mature the digital assets program within the firm
- Reporting, Committee, and Regulatory Representative
- Represent the NFRM global agenda in local, regional internal governance councils/operating forums as required
- Act as the representative for any formal regulatory response or presentations as required
- Lead continuous improvement of digital asset risk reporting
- Escalate key concerns and developments in the digital asset space at risk forums
How we'll support you:
- 10+ years of experience in Operational Risk and digital assets in the finance industry
- Experience with and understanding of unique operational risk concerns related to blockchain technology and digital assets (incl. fund tokenization, stablecoins and cryptocurrencies)
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external resources
- Experience with system development and testing
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with risk management tools desired but not required
- Industry certification desired but not required
- Act as a project manager or lead involving system roll out
- Past experience managing staff and resources
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
DWS is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.