Job Description: Job Title
Principal Auditor - Investment Banking Location
Birmingham Corporate Title
Assistant Vice President
Group Audit (GA) is seeking a Principal Auditor to join its Origination & Advisory (O&A), Institutional Client Group (ICG) and Structuring audit team to drive audit coverage of O&A, ICG and Structuring risks and controls globally. In this role, you will be based in London and will report directly to the Principal Audit Manager (PAM) - O&A, ICG and Structuring. What we'll offer you
A healthy, engaged, and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre.
You can expect:
Your key responsibilities
- Hybrid working arrangements with the opportunity to work in the office and remotely from home
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide-ranging CSR programme + 2 days' volunteering leave per year
Your skills and experience
- Support the PAM in planning, executing, and reporting the results of internal audits of Equity/Debt Capital Markets, Sales, and Structuring related risks and controls
- Undertake audit assignments, draft audit findings/reports for review by audit management, facilitate tracking of findings and validate closure of findings, and update the Risk Assessment Profiles and GA's Continuous Audit Assessment process
- Undertake all aspects of audit fieldwork in line with the agreed audit approach including identification of key risks, documentation of process flows and key controls, testing controls to determine whether they are properly designed and operating effectively, and documenting audit work in accordance with GA's methodology and standards
- Proactively develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, the business and related control and support functions
- Communicate openly with GA management and internal stakeholders; keep them informed on potential issues and escalate problems/delays promptly
- Take ownership of their own career development, seeking opportunities for continuous development personally to improve capabilities, performance and contribution to the team and the Bank
How we'll support you
- Knowledge of and experience in financial services
- Previous relevant external or internal auditing experience, ideally in Investment Banking, where you have audited Equity/Debt Capital Markets, Sales, and Structuring or covered some aspects of these businesses/areas
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification/work experience. Professional credentials, and a relevant professional qualification such as Associate Chartered Accountant/ Chartered Financial Analyst/ Master of Business Administration (ACA/CFA/MBA)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within High Performing teams and a diverse work culture
- A desire for personal development including your core skills (technical expertise and soft skills)
About us and our teams
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- We value diversity and as an equal opportunities' employer, we make reasonable adjustments for those with a disability such as the provision of assistive equipment if required (for example, screen readers, assistive hearing devices, adapted keyboards)
Deutsche Bank is the leading German Bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.