Job Description: Job Title
ESG Data Sustainability Business Analyst Location
Birmingham Corporate Title
The Sustainability Data and Technology Programme is a bank wide programme to deliver a strategic solution for Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) data across Deutsche Bank. The Programme is part of the Sustainability Strategy Key Deliverable.
As a Business Analyst, you will be part of the Data Team. You will be responsible for reviewing business use cases from stakeholders, gathering & documenting requirements, defining high level implementation steps and creating business user stories. You will closely work with the Product Owner and development teams and bring business and functional analysis skills into the development team to ensure that the implementation of requirements aligns with our business needs and technical quality standards. What we'll offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre. Hybrid Working
We understand that employee expectations and preferences are changing. We have implemented a Hybrid Working Model that enables eligible employees to work remotely for a part of their working time and reach a working pattern that works for them.
You can expect:
Your key responsibilities
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR programme + 2 days' volunteering leave per year
Your skills and experience
- Execute Data analysis for data completeness, transformation, filters and data control validation
- Acquire, analyse, and interrogate structured tables and databases for quality, accuracy, and reasonableness of data
- Design & specify data mapping to transform source system data into a format which can be consumed by position reporting application
- Ensuring solutions are defined in the context of the strategic product functional and data frameworks
- Defining acceptance criteria with stakeholders and supporting user acceptance testing to ensure quality product delivery
- Aligning with other key stakeholder groups (such as Project Management & Software Engineering) to support the link between the business divisions and the solution providers for all aspects of identifying, implementing and maintaining solutions
How we'll support you
- Ability to communicate with business users, write business requirements and work collaboratively with Technology delivery partners to propose solutions and phasing of deliveries
- Hands-on experience of business & functional process analysis methods and tools including Jira and Confluence with the ability to align functional solution to the target architecture
- Proficient ability to query large datasets (e.g., SQL) with a view to test/analyse content and present data analysis
- Strong interest in Environment, Social and Governance / sustainability an advantage
- Ability to work in virtual teams and in matrix organizations
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Deutsche Bank in the UK is proud to have been named a Times Top 50 Employer for Gender Equality for three consecutive years. Additionally, we have been awarded a Silver Award from Stonewall for two years running and named in their Top 100 Employers for 2023 for our work supporting LGBTQ+ inclusion.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.