Job Description: Job Title
Software Development Tooling Product Owner/Senior Engineer Corporate Title
Assistant Vice President Location
Jacksonville, FL Overview
The goal of Developer Tooling (DT) is to provide enterprise development tools as services for teams across Deutsche Bank, enabling them to reach higher levels of maturity in their process. These services consist of all necessary to support teams from initial Program/Project investment governance decisions and subsequently management through development, testing, deployment as well as compliance with the Bank's software processes using tools such as Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, TeamCity, Artifactory, Urban Code Deploy, MF asset and liability management (ALM). As the Information Technology (IT) Application Owner/Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and developing entire engineering solutions to accomplish business goals. Your key responsibilities include ensuring that solutions are well architected, with maintainability and ease of testing built in from the outset, and that they can be integrated successfully into the end-to-end business process flow. You will provide engineering thought leadership within their teams and will play a role in mentoring and coaching of less experienced engineers. What We Offer You
What You'll Do
- A diverse and inclusive environment that embraces change, innovation, and collaboration
- A hybrid working model, allowing for in-office / work from home flexibility, generous vacation, personal and volunteer days
- Employee Resource Groups support an inclusive workplace for everyone and promote community engagement
- Competitive compensation packages including health and wellbeing benefits, retirement savings plans, parental leave, and family building benefits
- Educational resources, matching gift and volunteer program
Skills You'll Need
- Write clean, secure, and efficient code that adheres to industry standards and best practices and take responsibility for all architectural development tasks related to the application, while collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify, analyze, and solve complex software problems
- Employ DevOps and agile development mindset and best practices for architecture, design, coding, quality assurance, Behavior Driven Development / Test Driven Development, and continuous delivery, as well as plan and deliver solution in 2-week sprints in a safe program increment
- Make recommendations for enhancing application procedures and infrastructure, leverage the right design patterns, algorithms, and language specific frameworks (to develop scalable, robust applications of which you are proud), build automation to support a continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) pipeline to production, and contribute to the wider engineering community sharing designs, ideas, and experience of Java frameworks
- Participate in the full agile application development lifecycle for development of Java applications, Microservices, and reusable components to support overall project objectives
- Leverage design patterns, Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development to build software that is reliable and easy to support in production, while designing and building solutions which are secure & controlled
- Provide leadership within a delivery team, Modelling, Coding & testing, and collaborating to understand requirements, create stories, design solutions, implement them and help test them
Skills That Will Help You Excel
- Extensive experience in IT in large corporate environments, full-time hands-on development experience using Java and J2EE
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle, and MongoDB
- Experienced in core development technologies - SCM, Build, Binary & Dependency Mgmt, Code Review, Quality & Metrics, Deployment, working in an agile team, practicing Scrum, Kanban, or XP; setting up key stores, generating SSL Certificates; development utilizing software development life cycle (SDLC) tools - Git, JIRA, Artifactory, Jenkins/TeamCity, OpenShift; and with Java development, Spring, Hibernate, REST, SOAP
- Must be adaptable to different responsibilities and possess strong communications skills in order to work effectively with team members and stakeholders
- Work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities with a constant focus on delivery
- Balance business demands and IT fulfilment in terms of standardization, reducing risk and increasing IT flexibility
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Computer Science or IT-related discipline (or equivalent work experience or diploma)
- Experience of GIT, Apache Maven or Gradle, Jenkins and continuous integration are desirable
It is the Bank's expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the Jacksonville office in accordance with the Bank's hybrid working model.
Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion.
The salary range for this position in Jacksonville is $78,000 to $ 111,800 . Actual salaries may be based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, a candidate's skill set, experience, education, work location and other qualifications. Posted salary ranges do not include incentive compensation or any other type of remuneration. Deutsche Bank Values & Diversity
We believe talent is found in all cultures, countries, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs, generations, backgrounds and experiences. We pursue a working environment where everyone can be authentic and feel a sense of belonging. Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion efforts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Learn more about your life at DB through the eyes of our current employees: https://careers.db.com/life
The California Consumer Privacy Act outlines how companies can use personal information. If you are interested in receiving a copy of Deutsche Bank's California Privacy Notice please email HR.Direct@DB.com . Deutsche Bank Benefits
At Deutsche Bank, we recognize that our benefit programs have a profound impact on our colleagues. That's why we are focused on providing benefits and perks that enable our colleagues to live authenti-cally and be their whole selves, at every stage of life. We provide access to physical, emotional, and financial wellness benefits that allow our colleagues to stay financially secure and strike balance between work and home. Click here to learn more! #LI-HYBRID #LI-REMOTE #LI-ONSITE
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision .