About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. ROLE SUMMARY
Northern Trust Asset Management (NTAM) is an over a trillion dollar investment management firm entrusted by investors around the globe to help them navigate changing market environments, so they can confidently realize their long-term objectives.
NTAM has embarked on an ambitious plan to modernize its data and analytics capabilities and embed a data-driven culture throughout the organization. The NTAM AUM Data and Reporting Lead will be responsible for delivering AUM (Assets under Management) and related Financial, Compliance, and Marketing NTAM business to key internal stakeholders. This leader will collaborate across the business to drive the execution of the NTAM AUM (Assets under Management), Flows and Returns Data Platform and business-wide OKRs to measure, track and provide insights on NTAM's progress against its strategic priorities. The successful candidate will have a strong track record in defining, operationalizing and/or providing financial and/or client business analytics to executive leadership at other asset management firms, the ability to structure and solve ambiguous problems independently, excellent leadership and relationship management skills, and demonstrated commercial acumen. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The NTAM AUM Data and Reporting Leader's responsibilities will include:
- Manage the Global AUM Team with AUM, Flows, and Returns Data Platform with a focus on delivering at a high level while also driving development of insights to extract value through the use of advanced analytics to drive sales, profitability, productivity, etc.
- Act as a subject matter expert in reporting of AUM Reporting and Compliance Reporting, managing a team dedicated to delivery of reporting.
- Engage with SMEs to design intuitive user journeys, dashboards, self-service reporting and analytics, connectors to enable secure, governed, and controlled access to data, in compliance for company policies.
- Proactively manage issues and risks to ensure that the product delivery commitments are met, while ensuring excellence in execution and within budget.
- Partner with technology to ensure testing strategy and its execution is robust for entire product lifecycle.
- Shepherd the team to follow robust data governance practices based on guidance from NTAM's Data Office.
- Measure, drive adoption and engagement of the data products under remit.
- Develop a change management and product engagement plan to drive democratization of the data assets.
- Hire, motivate, mentor, and manage data talent to enhance NTAM's data analytic capabilities.
- Participate in key NTAM and enterprise initiatives programs as directed by senior leadership.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Support a culture of continuous improvement to reduce operational risk and drive operational excellence.
- Oversee vended applications used for build providing leadership on effective use of spend and risk oversight.
- Develop and monitor KPIs to measure effectiveness of product spend and ensure investments in people and systems deliver value. Stay up to date on cloud consumption usage models to assess impact on spend.
NECESSARY EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Domain knowledge of AUM, Flows, and performance reporting in asset management space with creative insights on use of these data assets for business growth. Deep understanding of concepts of nesting/denesting of data for multi-dimensional segmentation of AUM, Flows, and related data across funds, SMAs, alternative, etc. assets.
- Demonstrated passion and experience in leveraging data and analytics to drive organizational change.
- Strong consultative skills with the ability to independently guide teams to structure and solve problems, including hypothesis development, market research, analytics, strategy development, and gaining buy-in.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and connecting disparate pieces of data to formulate hypothesis to inform planning and/or decision making.
- Expertise in crafting a coherent and compelling reporting product strategy, roadmap and business case.
- Experience managing and developing teams of on-shore and offshore resources with excellent motivation and team building skills, including the ability to recruit, develop and retain staff
- Dynamic relationship building, negotiation, and influencing skills to build consensus and align teams on vision; a strong collaborator with experience leading initiatives across multiple groups and stakeholders
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with demonstrated ability to develop materials and effectively present to and persuade executive audiences using tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Global outlook with sensitivity and awareness of social and cultural differences
- Strong situational awareness and decision making capabilities
- Understanding of Scrum and Agile development practices
- Strong data visualization skills using Tableau and Power BI tools with working experience on extracting data from Cloud-based data sources such as Azure, Snowflake, as well as on-premise sources such as SQL
- Knowledge of ETL tools such as Alteryx and statistical programming tools such as Python or R desired
WORKING MODEL: HYBRID
- Highly motivated leader with 5+ years of experience Asset Management in Finance or Performance Reporting or Business Analytics Function of a leading Asset Manager; prefer 10+ years of overall work experience.
- 3+ years of management experience
- Experience with AUM or AUC Reporting
- Experience with data visualization tools, especially Power BI and/or Tableau
- Sound knowledge of business and financial drivers of Asset Management business .
- Degree in field like Math, Finance, business, or related field.; MBA preferred but not required.
- Track record of developing and driving agenda of a new capability or product to drive data driven decisions.
- Ability to retain and recruit data analytics talent.
- Strong commercial acumen and a track record of delivering tangible results.
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.