Job Description: Job Title
Big Data Platform Senior Engineer Corporate Title
Assistant Vice President Location
Jacksonville, FL Overview
As a Big Data Platform Senior Engineer, you will work with Chief Investment Officers (CIO) teams, Group architecture, Support, and software development life cycle (SDLC) team to enable new features on the analytics platform. You will be responsible for building data solutions in collaboration with architects, product managers and other key program stakeholders. Also, you will be responsible for build, configure, and manage software on Cloud and/or on-prem for IaaS and PaaS Big Data solutions. Your role will also entail to build, tune, and perform operational efficiency (low cost/high automation) on production grade systems. What We Offer You
What You'll Do
- A diverse and inclusive environment that embraces change, innovation, and collaboration
- A hybrid working model, allowing for in-office / work from home flexibility, generous vacation, personal and volunteer days
- Employee Resource Groups support an inclusive workplace for everyone and promote community engagement
- Competitive compensation packages including health and wellbeing benefits, retirement savings plans, parental leave, and family building benefits
- Educational resources, matching gift and volunteer programs
Skills You'll Need
- Responsible for building data solutions in collaboration with architects, product managers and other key program stakeholders
- Build, configure, and manage software on Cloud and/or on-prem for IaaS and PaaS Big Data solutions
- Build, tune, and perform operational efficiency (low cost/high automation) on production grade systems
- Support the adoption of an agile way of working by working with agile coaches/leads to deliver in a scaled scrum approach, actively contributing and delivering on features, stories, tasks and ceremonies, while working with the wider community of engineers across the enterprise to increase standards and discipline
- Work with Chief Investment Officers (CIO) data leads to understand their requirement and provide platform capabilities to help them deliver business objectives
- Work with Product manager and Product owner to help them in prioritizing the BoW , as well as Support lead and subject matter expert (SME) to improve platform stability and performance
Skills That Will Help You Excel
- Experience of the Hadoop ecosystem (preferably with Cloudera) and the technologies that comprise it
- Expertise and knowledge in Data Structures and Algorithms, Structured Query Language (SQL) on Hadoop engines (e.g. Hive, Impala, Spark SQL) and OOP languages (like Java, C++, and Python). Knowledge in RDBMS, various NoSQL technologies and BI visualization tooling is a definite plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills within an agile team & process culture; ability to identify inefficiencies, duplication and look at ways and means for simplification
- Demonstrable expertise in Data (or BigData) Engineering e.g. designing, building, operationalizing, securing and monitoring data processing systems with a particular emphasis on security and compliance or developing data pipelines using Cloud native data technologies (Storage accounts/ CloudSQL/ BigTable/ BigQuery/ Dataflow/ Dataproc etc)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Certification in Hadoop stack or relevant
- Certification in Cloud services
- Believe in Collaboration and team player
It is the Bank's expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the Jacksonville office in accordance with the Bank's hybrid working model.
Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion.
The salary range for this position in Jacksonville is $78,000 to $110,000. Actual salaries may be based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, a candidate's skill set, experience, education, work location and other qualifications. Posted salary ranges do not include incentive compensation or any other type of remuneration. Deutsche Bank Values & Diversity
We believe talent is found in all cultures, countries, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs, generations, backgrounds, and experiences. We pursue a working environment where everyone can be authentic and feel a sense of belonging. Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion efforts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Learn more about your life at Deutsche Bank through the eyes of our current employees: https://careers.db.com/life
The California Consumer Privacy Act outlines how companies can use personal information. If you are interested in receiving a copy of Deutsche Bank's California Privacy Notice please email HR.Direct@DB.com . Deutsche Bank Benefits
At Deutsche Bank, we recognize that our benefit programs have a profound impact on our colleagues. That's why we are focused on providing benefits and perks that enable our colleagues to live authenti-cally and be their whole selves, at every stage of life. We provide access to physical, emotional, and financial wellness benefits that allow our colleagues to stay financially secure and strike balance between work and home. Click here to learn more! #LI-HYBRID
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision .