About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Title: Application Lead
Northern Trust Asset Management business unit is looking for Application Lead candidate with strong expertise building data platform. The candidate would be part of very dynamic and fast paced team driving strategic data for NTAM.
Key skills required for the role:
• Expertise in designing application solution on Azure Cloud for complex business needs.
• Serves as key technical expert engaged on designing, deploying and maintaining business application.
• Investment Management or Asset Management experience recommended.
• Expertise in designing data solution on Snowflake Data Warehouse on Azure.
• Leads technology proof of concepts to ensure feasibility of architecture solutions
• Hands-on prototyping of new vendor products, technology solutions and federated business enablement (SQL, Python, Java, Snowflake config/dashboard)
• Displays strong thought leadership in pursuit of modern architecture principals, scalable patterns and technology modernization
• Comfortable with designing the database, data models, data processes, and data warehouse applications through the use of best practices and tools.
• Drives continuous technology transformation to minimize technical debt. Continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of the execution.
• Looks for opportunities to capitalize on technology advances through analysis of key industry and technology trends to assess potential impact on the enterprise
• Leading teams through influence to help build their knowledge on end to end solution considerations using domain driven design and other modern engineering practices.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Document application architecture for the business unit across multiple programs.
• Interface with global teams to collaborative work on business deliveries.
• Provide design level functional and technical expertise along with best practices.
• Understand and implement the latest delivery approaches based on cloud architecture
• Strong grasp of value creation and business capability models for large scale technology platforms.
• Cloud Architecture Certification (AWS or Azure) or strong architecture experience
• Strong understanding of data security and PII
• Advanced analytics techniques using ML and AI
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.