First Horizon Corp. (NYSE: FHN), with approximately $90 billion in assets, is a leading regional financial services company, dedicated to helping our clients, communities and associates unlock their full potential with capital and counsel. Headquartered in Memphis, TN, the banking subsidiary First Horizon Bank operates in 12 states across the southern U.S. The Company and its subsidiaries offer commercial, private banking, consumer, small business, wealth and trust management, retail brokerage, capital markets, fixed income, mortgage, and title insurance services. First Horizon has been recognized as one of the nation's best employers by Fortune and Forbes magazines and a Top 10 Most Reputable U.S. Bank.Summary
At First Horizon, our Business Banking Relationship Manager plays a pivotal role improving the lives of our clients and the well-being of their businesses through financial solutions, education, achieving their financial goals. In this role you will, provide a full range of banking services to businesses with annual sales between $5M to $25M with a focus on client experience and risk management.Key Responsibilities Include
- Responsible for loan and deposit growth through client portfolio, centers of influence and other proactive measures to grow market share.
- Develops new small business relationships through calling on potential clients as well as retain/grow existing portfolio.
- Builds and maintains a portfolio mix of targeted high value and high potential small business clients; determines Strategy and focus for the small business department and region.
- Broad knowledge of bank products and services that results in successfully identifying appropriate opportunities to sell the bank's products.
- Determines best loan structure for prospects/customers' financial needs, and present solutions to sell bank services. Is responsible for timely and adequate preparation of annual reviews and recommendation.
- Works closely with other departments and fulfills cross-sell opportunities.
- Acts as a financial advisor by educating the customer about financial strategies (e.g. Financial planning, investments, insurance, credit, market trends) based on customer profile and financial plan, and matching customer needs with appropriate products and services.
- Monitors customer information/products, financial plan and market trends to identify new customer needs and opportunities to deliver further customer value.
- Active involvement in local civic and nonprofit organizations to promote goodwill, bank's commitment to the communities it serves and to support bank's CRA objectives.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related field or equivalent work experience strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in banking relationship management role or related business lending experience.
- Knowledge of cash flow and business credit underwriting with commercial credit training preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across the company to manage customer relationships.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen with knowledge of diverse types of businesses, industries, markets, financial and economic concepts.
Follow UsCorporate Diversity Commitment
- Medical with wellness incentives, dental, and vision
- HSA with company match
- Maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Mentor program
- 401(k) with 6% match
- More --
We remain committed to creating a more equitable society, and that starts with our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. We do this by elevating equity, providing capital and counsel, and committing to excellence in everything we do.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)