Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee Multinational Senior Case Handler
Leveraging our deep expertise and insights, QBE offers commercial, personal and specialty products and risk management solutions to help people and businesses manage risks. Today, we employ more than 11,600 people around the world. The opportunity:
As a Senior Case Handler, you will effectively co-ordinate multinational insurance programmes through their full lifecycle (quote, bind, policy administration, cashflow management). You will work closely with our producing underwing teams in the UK, Europe and Canada, and our Global Network offices around the world.
The role is dynamic and fast-paced, providing daily variety, with excellent opportunities to share and extend your Multinational Insurance knowledge. Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Continuous work with Producing Office Underwriters to support the implementation and management of complex/service intensive"compliant Multinational insurance programmes throughout the Multinational lifecycle process.
- Work closely with other areas of the business , including Credit Control and Global Network Managers
- Communicate and share information with global underwriters Servicing O ffices, brokers, and other interested parties
- Prepare, collate, and communicate new and renewal programme information, handle mid-term changes to ensure delivery of key programme stages and co-ordinate/ manage local underwriting input and policy servicing
- Provide detailed information to Underwriters to advise on local servicing costs, taxes, tariffs, retentions , etc. to enable adequate pricing
- Produce and issue accurate instructions for Servicing Offices
- Handle local payments and central collections and to ensure the overall cash position is properly managed
- Check local policy schedules and reinsurance cession slips
- Produce accurate tax calculations using appropriate tools to include in premium allocations
- Analyse and monitor performance of Multinational insurance programmes
- Use of appropriate systems to service and co-ordinate programmes , including processing of UK premiums , ensuring data quality is maintained
- Work with Client Managers to ensure they are kept up to date and any issues and queries are escalated/resolved in a timely manner
- Generate ideas for continuous improvement of the Multinational lifecycle process and support projects in this regard where opportunities arise
- Conduct mini audits and peer reviews to check compliance
- Provide subject matter expertise on all aspects of multinational administration to all stakeholders
- Act as a buddy to less experienced colleagues , providing coaching and mentoring to increase capability and to share knowledge and best practice."
- Opportunity to a ct as a Product SME/Technical referral point for less experienced Multinational Case Handlers
- Opportunity to a ct as a Focal Point for the QBE Continental European and Regional offices producing Multinational business
- Ability to implement standards and regulations that govern the multinational insurance programmes
- Team player with an ability to develop and maintain good internal and external relationships across a global business
- Collaboration along with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Questioning and judgement / interpretation skills
- Ability to a dhere to Service Standards, regulatory and compliance requirements
- Ability to produce detailed reports at various level s
- High-level problem-solving skills
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Analytical insight (ability to extrapolate from limited or complex data)
- Professional approach
- High Self-motivat ion
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines , t o be flexible, multi-task, organize and prioritize own workload
- Ability to use MS Office applications Excel, PowerPoint , Teams , Word
- Experience in servicing Multinational insurance Programme s
- An in depth understanding of the regulatory and legal aspects of territorial insurance covers
- An u nderstanding of best practice methodologie s
- An understanding of compliance processes
- K nowledge of policy wordings, credit terms, taxes to be paid
- A good understanding of credit control function
We understand that one size doesn't fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. It's in the culture of our business, our QBE DNA, to support our people. Everything we do is underpinned by our QBE DNA - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference . In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation (https://qbeeurope.com/careers/flex-qbe/) .
Some of the award's QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include; " 5-star Diversity, Equity and inclusion (DEI) awards, 2023 Winner -
Insurance Business Canada Employer of the Year 2022 Winner
- Insurance Insider British Claims Awards 2022 Winner
- InsurTech Award " Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner -
Claims Product Solution of the Year " Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021
Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response" " Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022
Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year "
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women's Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent Inclusion of Diversity
We are striving to create a workplace culture where all our people feel included, and we are committed to building a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we operate in.
We know that diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our customers." ESG & Sustainability
At QBE, we believe that integrating sustainability into our business helps us deliver on our purpose of enabling a more resilient future . Our three key focus areas include fostering an orderly and inclusive transition to a net-zero economy, enabling a sustainable and resilient workforce and partnering for growth through innovative, sustainable and impactful solutions. For further information regarding QBE's sustainability targets, including our net-zero pledges and inclusion of diversity targets, and our award-winning impact investment initiative 'Premiums4Good', please visit our Sustainability homepage and read our latest Sustainability Report ( Link ) . About QBE
We can never really predict what's around the corner, but at QBE we're asking the right questions to enable a more resilient future - helping those around us build strength and embrace change to their advantage."
We're an international insurer that's building momentum towards realising our vision of becoming the most consistent and innovative risk partner.
And our people will be at the centre of our success. We're proud to work together, and encourage each other enable resilience for our customers, our environment, our economies and our communities.
With more than more than 11,000 people working across 27 countries, we're big enough to make a real impact, but small enough to provide a friendly workplace, where people are down-to-earth, passionate and kind.
We believe this is our moment - what if it was yours too?
Your career at QBE - let's make it happen!
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website . What next?
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE's vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to apply ! Simply click the apply" button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
Please make the Talent Acquisition aware should there be any reasonable adjustments that may need to be made for the interview and the remainder of the recruitment process. APPLY NOW and let's make it happen!"
Application Close Date: 21/11/2023 11:59 PM
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.