Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Associate, Fund/Client Accounting I
to join our Global Institutional Accounting team. This role is located in Pun, Maharashtra - HYBRID. In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- The incumbent is responsible for the processing and support of complete, accurate, and timely valuation of financial statements for monthly valued clients as well as the resolution of any problems that arise during the normal daily, weekly, or monthly valuation processes, and the communication of this information to all interested parties.
- S/He will be supporting institutional client relationships requiring the understanding of all monthly standard client accounting and reporting requirements.
- S/He will have frequent/daily contact with internal staff with respect to accounting, and reporting of monthly client activities and initiatives.
4. S/He will need to be able to answer all client processing, accounting, and reporting questions, either directly or through research with other functional areas
Overall the Accounting team is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of investment accounting reports to clients and their agents on a periodic basis, and thus staff undertake many tasks during their working week, which allows a great deal of scope for learning and personnel development. Some of the group's responsibilities are as follows:
Deliver flexible, multi-currency, fully accrued accounting statements to clients and their agents with a flexible valuation period.
Record and process activity for assets not custodied on our platform (e.g. Private Loans, Property). These assets can be valued in accordance with the client's needs based on information provided from the manager or directly from the client.
Follow daily controls to accurately reflect accounting information monthly including:
- Monitor exceptions,
- Check price tolerances,
- Check income receivables,
- Monitor corporate actions processing,
- Monitor daily transactions,
- Record client specific activity, and
- Review NAV for tolerance exceptions. Interactions / Interpersonal Skills:
Minimum experience, skills, certification and academic background necessary to perform the position:
The qualified candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance preferred or comparable work experience. S/He will have a very good knowledge of securities/trust accounting theories/practices and be very familiar with PC applications and core on-line systems. S/He should possess strong analytical, communication, and client servicing skills and be able to work independently. S/He must also be able to work under significant pressure while adhering to constantly changing strict deadlines. This position requires 2+ years of relevant experience. At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.