Our Risk division develops comprehensive processes to monitor, assess, and manage the risk of expected and unexpected events that may have an adverse impact on the firm. Risk professionals execute critical day-to-day risk management activities, lead projects, and contribute to the ongoing advancement of a robust risk management program. Effective coordination with executive management, business units, control departments and technology is critical for success. COUNTERPARTY CREDIT RISK
Credit Risk (CR) is responsible for managing the firm's credit exposure to its trading and lending counterparties. Leveraging its extensive expertise in financial, credit and risk analysis, CR ensures that credit exposure to our counterparts is managed within the firm's risk appetite. Credit professionals work closely with many areas of the firm. Given this structure, CR professionals gain diverse financial experience and a broad perspective on how the entire firm functions. The interaction with numerous departments and the range of projects that ensue allow for a challenging, varied and multi-dimensional work environment.
This business is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assessing the financial strength of counterparties through counterparty due diligence, financial analysis, and market analysis; and summarizing your views to formulate risk rating recommendations.
- Setting credit exposure appetite across trading products utilizing internal exposure methodologies.
- Developing a good high level working knowledge of methods used to model and monitor credit risk across various products. Leveraging the knowledge to assess transaction and portfolio-level risk of counterparties.
- Work in collaboration with other divisions (such as Sales, Trading, Legal, Client Onboarding).
- Analyzing potential exposure and approving collateral levels
- Taking a broad view of risks and escalating material issues to seniors.
- Involvement in multiple projects (with strong cooperation with other teams and divisions, as well as regions);
- Active engagement in the negotiation of trading documentation to ensure adequate risk mitigants are in place.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Extensive knowledge of financial markets
- Understanding of various derivative products
- Strong understanding of balance sheet analysis and basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Familiarity with macroeconomics and the latest global trends
- Interest in the Fund or Banking/Corporate Banking industry would be advantageous
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Intellectual curiosity and self-motivation
- Fluent English is a must (additional language would be an asset)
- Strong interest in client interaction and relationship management
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2022. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity