The Vacancy OVERALL SUMMARY
At Close Brothers we look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don't tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life.
The Lead Business Analyst is a highly experienced practitioner who combines hands-on delivery with the line management of a team of Business/Data Analysts. The Lead Business Analyst has a strong knowledge of a wide range of tools and techniques along with experience of deploying them in complex and ambiguous contexts. RESPONSIBILITIES
Feasibility Assessment (SFIA Level 5)
- Close Brothers utilises the SFIA skills framework. Business Situation Analysis (SFIA Level 5) •
- Plans, manages and investigates business situation analysis where there is significant ambiguity and complexity.
- Ensures holistic view adopted to identify and analyse wide-ranging problems and opportunities.
- Advises on the approach and techniques to be used for business situation analysis.
- Engages and collaborates with a wide range of stakeholders, including those at manager level.
- Gains agreement from stakeholders to conclusions and recommendations. •
- Contributes to definition of organisational standards and guidelines for business situation analysis.
Requirements Definition & Management (SFIA Level 5)
- Manages investigative work to enable feasibility assessments.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and specialists to get information required for feasibility assessment.
- Advises on the selection of feasibility assessment approaches and techniques relevant to the business situation and options.
- Prepares business cases, including cost/benefit, impact and risk analysis for each option.
Business Modelling (SFIA Level 5)
- Plans and drives scoping, requirements definition and prioritisation activities for large, complex initiatives.
- Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate requirements definition and management methods, tools and techniques.
- Obtains input from, and formal agreement to, requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Negotiates with stakeholders to manage competing priorities and conflicts. Establishes requirements baselines.
- Ensures changes to requirements are investigated and managed.
- Contributes to the development of organisational methods and standards.
Acceptance Testing (SFIA Level 5)
- Produces models in support of business strategy.
- Has in-depth knowledge of a broad range of industry-wide modelling techniques.
- Advises on the choice of techniques and approaches and influences customers accordingly.
- Capable of developing bespoke models for unusual contexts.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating team modelling activities and for ensuring the quality of their work
Stakeholder Relationship Management (SFIA Level 5)
- Plans and manages acceptance test activities.
- Specifies test environment for whole life cycle testing of complex systems products, services.
- Manages the creation of scenarios for testing and ensures that tests reflect realistic operational conditions and good coverage.
- Ensure tests and results are documented, reported to stakeholders and are available for specification of user instructions.
- Highlights issues and risks identified during testing to stakeholders.
- Provides authoritative advice and guidance on planning and execution of acceptance tests in an appropriate manner
- Identifies the communications and relationship needs of stakeholder groups.
- Translates communications/stakeholder engagement strategies into specific activities and deliverables.
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders.
- Acts as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans.
- Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding.
- Facilitates business decision-making processes.
- Captures and disseminates technical and business information
- Recruit, train and employ high calibre employees within budget, headcount levels and temporary resource requirements
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities
- Provide oversight and direction to employees in accordance with the firm's policies, procedures, standards and SLAs
- Hold regular one-to-ones with direct reports ensuring that feedback is provided in a constructive way whilst working with the employee to facilitate personal development
- Ensure that an effective performance review is operated in line with department guidelines, including setting objectives, personal development planning and performance standards with all direct reports
- Working with the Head of Business Analysis, Head of Change and HR Business Partner, develop a culture of performance management, improvement and appraisal as a foundation for excellent organisational performance
- Manage all departmental HR issues including monitoring absenteeism, and managing any capability and disciplinary issues
- Ensure that team members complete online training when required and are kept abreast of any internal communications
Risk & Compliance
FOR LINE MANAGER ADVERTS: Developing Our People:
- Ensure that all Governance and Compliance requirements are adhered to and all reporting and reviewing activities required by the Regulatory Bodies are carried out to the standards required.
as a line manager, you will be responsible for inspiring and motivating your team, as well as developing performance through coaching. You will encourage your team to take responsibility for their own personal development and provide support through regular feedback. WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
IT IS NOT ESSENTIAL BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and is highly experienced at engaging with stakeholders and influencing outcomes.
- Good understanding of business change and software development life cycles and approaches, and the concepts and practices required to implement effective information systems.
- Possesses a broad understanding of business and business skills, and understands the significance of commercial constraints.
- Able to apply business and technical expertise to assignments in other specialist areas and business domains.
- Understands the organisation's IT/Information Systems plans, and business objectives.
- Demonstrates a responsible and disciplined approach, even under pressure.
- Understands the concepts and practices of human resources and people management.
- Familiar with processes and procedures of performance management.
- Understands the legal and best practice requirements of human resource management.
- Positive attitude towards diversity principles.
- Experience of line managing business analysts
We are an inclusive organisation and committed to ensuring our recruitment process is as accessible as possible to everyone. We will make adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format or would like to discuss the recruitment process with us, please email us at email@example.com or request a call back. ABOUT US
For roles offering hybrid working: At Close Brothers we support employees to balance their work life priorities and in this role you will be able to enjoy a mixture of hybrid working.
Close Brothers is a leading UK merchant banking group providing lending, deposit taking, wealth management services and securities trading. At Close Brothers we provide financial support and advice to small businesses and individuals in the UK. Our purpose is to help the people and businesses of Britain thrive over the long term. To find out more about Close Brothers, please visit our careers page:
https://www.closebrothers.com/careers To find out more about life at Close Brothers:
https://www.closebrothers.com/life-close-brothers#374017299-899295541 To find out more about our benefits:
https://www.closebrothers.com/employee-benefits To find out more about our commitment to creating an inclusive environment: