Bloomberg Data Technologies Engineering is seeking a strong Software Engineer that has a passion for full stack web application development, strong design/implementation skills, and experience integrating multiple external and internal systems.
Bloomberg Data Technologies is responsible for the acquisition, enrichment, and distribution of data and news throughout the firm and the Bloomberg Terminal. We have hundreds of thousands of internal and external users across the globe who are actively using our applications to analyze and process information that is critical to our clients in making key investment decisions. Key aspects of our business include developing web sites and web applications to facilitate our data pipeline.
Our team develops applications for both internal and external clients. Externally, our applications allow our clients and partners in the financial industry to help handle their needs for high-quality, real time data and services. Internally, our tools help support a wide variety of critically important data workflows. We also maintain a series of reusable front-end and back-end components for the entire Data Technologies group for building up their own web applications. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Design, implement and own critical applications and components of our platform.
- Participate in the full SDLC of various components and systems that are required to be robust and scalable.
- Get to know engineering and data teams across Bloomberg, understand their application requirements and data access patterns.
- Understand the needs of our clients, and come up with an efficient and innovative approach to translate them to features and enhancements to the platform.
- Bring the latest and greatest innovation and technology stack features from the open source community to our products.
We'd love to see:
- 4+ years experience working with Node.js, including server application, frameworks, CLI tools, and building microservices.
- Prior contributions to system design and architecture and scaling fault-tolerant, distributed systems.
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with Microservice architectures and methodologies such as Twelve-factor.
- Familiarity with Web standards and browser related technologies.
- Knowledge of Big Data, SQL and NoSQL Databases, and Cloud-Based Object Stores.
- Experience with optimizing performance for web applications and working with distributed systems.
- Knowledge and experience with improving security and mitigating risks of web applications.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.
We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.