Description Senior Cyber Defense Engineer (Systems) Position Summary
This is a perfect opportunity for the right person to become a key part of a team of cybersecurity professionals that are executing a pivotal role in protecting and defending the nation's critical infrastructure. The Senior Cyber Defense Engineer
will create, implement, and subsequently mature and support Cyber Defense solutions in the Cyber Defense Engineering Systems Tower. This role will be responsible for supporting cyber defense capabilities of security logging and monitoring (SIEM), file integrity monitoring, and user behavior analytics technologies and processes. The ideal candidate will bring a balance of deep technical expertise and industry experience and work closely across teams to support engineering, deployment, maintenance, and enhancement of the security logging and monitoring infrastructure and platform. This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an individual who is looking for an opportunity in the Cyber Defense arena and wishes to grow within an organization. Position Responsibilities
- Create and Execute Cyber Defense solutions as directed by Cyber Defense management and in accordance with CME's Cyber Defense Roadmap
- Manage projects according to project plans with a keen eye to objective delivery, cost adherence and minimizing risk
- Maintain acute industry awareness of; CyberDefense Product Landscape, emerging and rising threat landscape and the latest/newest protocols/techniques/evolution in Cyber Security/Cyber Defense
- Create complete Service Designs including, but not limited to, Technical Requirement Documents, Proof of Concept use cases, Technology Architecture/Engineering Documents, Service Operations Guides, etc...
- Perform Service Transition to requisite Service Operations organizations and Service Consumers
- The Senior Engineer will support cloud and on-prem security logging and monitoring capabilities, documentation, and operational activities
- Implement log sources and assist in creation and tuning of security detections/rules, and dashboards/metrics
- Responsible for CDE-Systems product lifecycle including, but not limited to, product patches, product upgrades, product end of life, etc...
- Provide Tier 3 support for Primary and Secondary solutions assigned
- 5-7 or more years of IT security experience
- Relevant experience in Linux System Administration, Networking, and/or Security
- Ability to demonstrate a foundational knowledge of SIEM management, including content/rule development, automations, analytics, and parser management
- Advanced understanding of logging concepts and ability to analyze data
- Knowledge of Google Cloud security tools and services such as Google Chronicle and Security Command Center
- Knowledge of File Integrity Monitoring solutions and capabilities a plus
- Experience with a language such as Ruby, Perl, Python, Go, Scala, or Java
- Good understanding around Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- Familiar with GitOps practices, and experience with DevSecOps tools such as Git/Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, CHEF in a cloud environment.
- Experience working with containers, orchestration tools (like Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm etc.) and container registries (GCE, Docker hub etc.)
- Experience with web application communication using RESTful APIs.
- Certifications a plus (i.e. CISSP, CISM, OSCP, etc...)
- Cloud security certifications like Google Professional Cloud Security Engineer or equivalent are highly desirable.
- A solid understanding of Industry Security standards (ie: ISO27001/2, NIST Cyber Security Framework etc..)
CME Group is committed to offering a competitive total rewards package for our employees that recognizes their contributions to the business and reflects our long-term investment in their future. The salary range for this role is $121,400-$202,300. Actual salary offered will be dependent on a wide array of factors including but not limited to: relevant experience, skills, education and comparison to internal employees (where relevant). Our compensation program also includes an annual target bonus opportunity for all employees, as well as the opportunity to become an owner in the company through our broad-based equity program. Through our Benefits program, we strive to offer flexibility, value and choice. From comprehensive health coverage, to a retirement package that includes both a 401(k) and an active Pension Plan, to highly competitive education reimbursement provisions, paid time off and a mental health benefit, CME Group offers a holistic Benefits package for our team and their dependents.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
At CME Group, we embrace our employees' diverse experiences, cultures and skills, and work to ensure that everyone's perspectives are acknowledged and valued. As an equal opportunity employer, we recognize the importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and consider all potential employees without regard to any protected characteristic.