About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. The Product and Process Risk Program (PPR) Director role for the Enterprise Risk organization is part of the second line of defense (2LOD) Global Non-Financial Risk (NFR) Organization. As the PPR Director, you will be working closely with the Chief Operational Risk Officer, the Head of Resiliency, the Global Head of Non-Financial Risk, and the Chief Information Risk Officer. In your role, you will lead the enhancement of an enterprise-wide PPR program, in partnership with key first line of defense (1LOD) and 2LOD partners. You will also help define how Northern Trust oversees the entire product risk cycle, from assessing new product risks to monitoring existing product risks. The ideal candidate will have a track record of delivering complex change programs, leading diverse, cross-functional teams and building common vision between senior stakeholders across the organization. The key responsibilities of the role include:
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Lead the Product and Process Risk Program as part of an enterprise-wide risk and control program transformation
- Help shape the enterprise product lifecycle to achieve our vision of delivering the most secure financial products in the industry
- Provide strategic guidance to Teams and Program Managers
- Proactively manage dependencies, 'reusable assets', roadblocks and learning points
- Assume responsibility for the program's people and vendors
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets, and activities
- Assess and report on program performance at various levels and support presentations on program results in various forums and committees
- Help shape best practices, standards, and toolkit
- Develop and implement monitoring, testing, oversight framework(s), and holistic governance structure for the Product and Process Risk program
- Collaborate with leads of other programs (e.g. Resiliency) to ensure optimal integration and alignment to better identify, understand, track, and mitigate risk
- Develop and deliver Product and Process Risk training for the different personas across the lines of defense
- Recruit and onboard resources to achieve the fully sustainable target state
- Develop data and technology plan to support the Product and Process Risk program
- Develop roadmap to execute product lifecycle requirements in accordance with policy and standards
- Perform continuous monitoring with improvement planning
- Collaborate with testing functions across all lines of defense as part of the Product and Process Risk program integration
Nice to have:
- Proven experience leading one or more Product and Process Risk programs at a financial services organization, preferably a GSIB
- Understanding of different risks and controls across financial and non-financial areas
- Strong problem-solving skills (e.g., ability to structure ambiguous problems and mobilize diverse teams to solve them; ability to lead the team to define the root cause of issues)
- Strong analytical skills (e.g., financial analysis, budgeting, strategic planning)
- Deep understanding of project management and portfolio management techniques and methods (i.e., what good looks like), change management principles, and how to build high-performing teams
- At-scale project management experience across a portfolio of initiatives (e.g., defining objectives and success metrics, developing execution plans, identifying and managing dependencies, anticipating and resolving roadblocks, ensuring that the project teams stay on track, proactively managing dependencies and making purposeful trade-offs)
- Experience in leading diverse, cross-functional teams to come up with the best solution, including coaching and building capabilities for high-quality execution
- Ability to move people to act (e.g., convening, structuring, owning the agenda and facilitating meetings and workshops to lead groups to agreement and commitment to execute)
- Ability to establish trust-based relationships with stakeholders across enterprise, lead them towards common objectives and managing upwards and downwards (e.g., experience with acting as a constructive conduit between business and non-business teams)
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all audiences, including senior leaders, in a structured manner, including on high-sensitivity topics (e.g., organizational structure, funding)
- Ability to develop hypotheses and make quick decisions in a fail-fast supportive environment that fosters and encourages a continuous improvement mindset and execution
Working with Us:
- Management consulting experience
- Strategic planning experience
- BSc/BA diploma in management or finance; Master's degree is a big plus
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.