A leading Quantitative Chinese based Hedge Fund is looking to make their first Risk hire in New York City.
This fund relies on experienced Quants and Electronic Trading to gain an edge in the markets. The ideal candidate must have a background in Equities, Options, and or Global Macro products paired with an interest in problem solving and taking on new challenges. Being the first hire Risk hire in the US, this individual will play a pivotal role in shaping the US Risk Framework, and will serve as a focal point to the business as they grow their operations in the US.
Ideal hires will have 5+ YOE at an Investment Bank or Hedge Fund in a Risk Management function, and an in depth knowledge of Equities, EQ/IR/FX Options, and other Macro products. It is preferred that candidates have a higher level education in Math, Quantitative Finance, Physics, Statistics, or another Quantitative function.
- Enhance Risk Framework for Firm's Strategies in US Equities and Options Markets
- Enhance in house risk models to be used by PMs and explain risk metrics such as VaR and Risk Not-in VaR
- Engage with PM's to optimize investment strategy and portfolio construction
- Design innovative stress testing scenarios from scratch
- Partner closely with Quants to assist on Risk Research and Opportunities in US Markets
- Explain the drivers of performance to senior management and PMs
- 5+ YOE as a Risk Manager or Quant Risk Manager at an Investment Bank, Hedge Fund, or Prop Trading Firm
- Expert level knowledge in US Equities, EQ/IR/FX Options, Global Macro
- Working ability in Python, SQL, or other language
- Must be able to speak Mandarin