About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. As an Enterprise Resiliency Program Manager, you will be part of the ERO team, working closely with the Chief Resiliency Strategy Officer, Enterprise Resiliency Program Directors and the Executive Management Team to deliver at-scale change in our resiliency capabilities. In your role, you will manage large scale, enterprise-wide Programs with multiple projects and work streams. These projects involve delivery of critical strategic enterprise capabilities or regulatory changes that impact multiple business units or disciplines. This role is responsible for aligning resources, creating project plans, tracking key milestones/risks/dependencies and ensuring implementation of critical business capabilities or regulatory changes. The ideal candidate will have a track record of supporting the delivery of complex change programs, working with diverse, cross-functional teams and facilitating alignment between stakeholders across the organization.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Mobilize and successfully execute complex, cross-enterprise change projects.
- Manage day to day activities of Program Management Office, including define and promote execution standards; operate, schedule and run Team of Team meetings; codify key action items, issues, risks; maintain program-level action, decision, risk and issues logs
- Integrate deliverables and triage escalations
- Provide cross-program support and lead change efforts, along with PMO lead and experts from Finance, Human Resources, Technology, Communications, Change Management, Reporting, Regulatory Submission & Quality Assurance, and Procurement.
- Build capabilities amongst the supported project teams insofar the best change management and execution practices are concerned.
- Help shape best practices, standards and toolkit as well as strengthen our capabilities around execution of complex cross-enterprise programs.
- Effectively liaise between cross-functional stakeholders to align around common objectives.
- Continuously improve and optimize projects towards efficiency, productivity and quality standards.
- Communicate program objectives; risks; issues and overall status to multiple levels of the organization.
- Manage the project with a forward-looking mindset, i.e., proactively anticipate any potential issues, prevent them and/or define pragmatic contingency plans.
- Proactively manage dependencies, 'reusable assets' (components of the solution that have been already built elsewhere), roadblocks and learning points (i.e., milestones defined to resolve any uncertainty that the team might be dealing with).
- Timely escalate and relentlessly pursue resolution of any roadblocks with a clear, end-to-end ownership mindset.
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities pertaining to the supported projects.
Nice to have:
- Experience with large scale program management and complex regulatory cross-functional initiatives, including establishment, build out, and management of the project management network and ownership and facilitation of best practices.
- Deep understanding of project management and portfolio management techniques and methods (i.e., what good looks like), change management principles and how to build high-performing teams
- Knowledge of and experience in both waterfall and agile ways of working is an asset, particularly in non-application development space
- Program Management experience with complex initiatives or even a portfolio of initiatives (e.g., defining objectives and success metrics, developing execution plans, identifying and managing dependencies, anticipating and resolving roadblocks, ensuring that the project teams stay on track, proactively managing dependencies and making purposeful trade-offs)
- Great skills across communication, facilitation, interpersonal, conflict resolution, team building, coaching members on practices, framework, ability to teach/train etc.
- Ability to establish trust-based relationships with stakeholders across enterprise, lead them towards common objectives and managing upwards and downwards (e.g., experience with acting as a constructive conduit between business and non-business teams)
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- Openness to self-learning, improvement and experimentation
- A minimum of 5 years serving as a Program Manager or a relevant role
#hybrid Working with Us:
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Experience with agile ways of working (e.g., Scrum Master)
- Management consulting experience
- BSc/BA diploma; Master's degree is a big plus
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.