Avana Developments Inc. is a high-growth company in its ninth year of business and has emerged as a leading developer in the Regina construction industry. Driven by a team of motivated and enthusiastic leaders with an unwavering entrepreneurial spirit, Avana is dedicated to providing the community with beautiful, attainable, and safe rental homes.
We are expanding our team of professionals and are seeking highly organized, hard-working individuals, committed to personal development and excellence, who share similar goals and core values with our team. Our values guide everything we do: act with honesty and integrity, evolve with innovation and improvement, lead our community in social responsibility, and incubate entrepreneurial spirit and personal development, while encouraging accountability.
We are hiring a Financial Analyst to support Avana’s large-scale growth plans. The successful applicant will succeed in a fast-paced progressive career, enjoy working with people in a team environment and lead with excellence. The Financial Analyst will report directly to our Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and is a full-time salary role.
- Focus on quality, professionalism, innovation, proactivity, and accuracy through all aspects of the role responsibilities.
- Develop, maintain, and recommend financial models which enhance the decision-making capabilities of the organization.
- Develop and promote strong analytical assessment tool that measure and enhance financial and/or project performance.
- Act as key resource for projecting short, medium, and long-term cash flow planning in alignment with corporate development and expansion opportunities.
- Support the CFO in the operational review of all financial processes and procedures.
- Conduct and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ensure the flow of professional services runs quickly and efficiently. You are accountable for the timeliness of our professional partners. Proactive follow-up and organization will be required to be successful in your position.
- Assist in the management of mortgage renewals, including mortgage payoffs, refinance, and financial institution transfers.
- Support the organization with for application/underwriting of new construction financing both with lenders and CMHC.
- Work collaboratively with Planning and Construction Divisions to prepare the monthly QS reports and presentation for review by the CFO.
- Develop understanding of the commercial lending process and key requirements from borrowers to maintain a positive and growing relationship.
- Ensure compliance with financial legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Support the CFO in preparing for progress updates of Avana's operations, goals, and financial statements.
- Maintain data collection tools that direct strategic business decisions.
- Prepare financial reporting to financial institutions including management of annual reviews with our financial institution partners.
- Ensure insurance programs are optimized for the organization.
- Act as a liaison for Avana with our insurance brokers: prepare insurance applications and renewals, submit insurance claims, track upcoming insurance renewal dates, and manage reporting.
- Lead as an ambassador for Avana, both internally and externally, and serve the purpose of the business regularly throughout the year.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of five (5) years in a financial analyst position working in a fast-paced environment.
- A bachelor's degree in commerce, business administration or economics with specific focus on the disciplines of corporate finance as well as experience and/or training in the industry are also preferred.
- Will have working knowledge of financial measurement tools such as IRR, NPV, hurdle rates, among others.
- Highly analytical and must be able to produce quality work on time.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and lead change.
- An exceptional communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Critical thinking ability with solution-focused outcomes.
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Exceptional attention to detail, problem-solving ability, strategic thinking, excellent time management, and great interpersonal skills.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Excellent technical skills, including the ability to learn new software.
- Independent and confident in order to organize, prioritize and proficiently complete multiple tasks while dealing with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines.
- Approachable and collaborative to build strong working relationships.
- Innovative in order to identify and make process improvement recommendations.
- Adaptable to meet new challenges as they arise.
- Must be legally eligible to accept employment in Canada.
- Beneﬁts: Dental and medical beneﬁts package. 80% of the cost is covered by Avana. Option for employees to purchase disability and life insurance.
- Pension Plan: The Pension Plan will commence at the start of your second year of employment. 2% of salary matched in year two, 3% of salary matched in year three, 4% of salary matched in year 4 and 5% of salary matched in year 5.
- Vacation Entitlement: 20 business days per year. Must be accumulated prior to taking them.
- Annual Bonus: Opportunity to earn up to 10% of salary as an annual bonus.
- Parental Leave: Once an employee has worked a full year (12 months) at Avana, they are eligible for four (4) months of salary top-up to $15,000, with ongoing benefits based on the terms stated above. Pension matching will not apply for the duration of the period of leave. If an employee provides their resignation within 24 months of the paternal leave return date, the total amount of the salary top-up will be repaid to Avana.
- Probation Period: The probation period is 90 days from the start date.
- Criminal Record Checks are required for all Avana employees prior to being hired. This is to be obtained at your expense and will not be reimbursed by the Employer.
A laptop will be provided to the successful candidate.
If you are looking for a long-term career that offers financial security, autonomy, and future opportunities, in a corporate culture that is committed to excellence, this may be an opportunity for you! We appreciate all applications, however, only those who are chosen for an interview will be contacted. We will accept applications until Friday, December 8th, 2023. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.