Job Title: IWM Advisory Compliance Officer
Corporate Title: Associate
Location: Singapore Nomura Overview
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its four business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking) and Merchant Banking. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com . Function Overview:
- Reporting to Head of IWM Compliance - Singapore, with responsibilities for conducting compliance monitoring and providing compliance support to the International Wealth Management Division (IWM) of Nomura Singapore Limited and Nomura Trust Company Singapore Limited (NTS).
- Conduct compliance monitoring to ensure adherence to policies and procedures including but not limited to IWM Investment Suitability Framework, IWM Cross Border Guidelines and IWM Best Execution Policy.
- Provide daily compliance support, review and advice for IWM and NTS in areas such as cross border queries, Accredited Investor clarifications, suitability requirements, product risk and features disclosures, marketing materials review, handling of material non-public information etc.
- Partner IWM and NTS in growth initiatives, drafting new compliance P&P where required.
- Provide training on new or updated compliance policies and procedures.
- Analyse changes in regulatory requirements in SG and discuss with business to ensure
compliance with the changes.
- Review and assess regulatory implications for potential breaches of Compliance P&P such as client confidentiality breaches.
- Review escalations of alerts by Compliance Surveillance teams in relation to internal and
- Investigate client complaints together with relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate submission of periodic or ad hoc regulatory reports
- Handle regulatory inquiries, examinations and audits and liaise with regulators, Legal, internal
and external auditors. Requirements: Mandatory
- Minimum Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or Legal.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Compliance in a private bank or wealth management unit of a financial institution with a focus on conducting compliance monitoring on investment suitability, cross border and other front office activities.
- Experience with suitability and cross border requirements.
- Familiarity with Avaloq will be an added advantage.
- Good analytical and investigation skills and able to work independently
- Familiar with PB Code of Conduct and relevant sections in Securities & Futures Act, Financial
Advisors Act and Banking Act and their subsidiary legislations and MAS notices and guidelines.
- Familiar with the operations of wealth management business and the corresponding rules and regulations and able to identify compliance/regulatory risks within the business
- Excellent negotiating and inter-personal skills; should be a solutions driven, confident, highly
motivated and organized team player with impeccable integrity; should possess excellent issue
spotting, analytical and resolution of conflicts skills
- Ability to act decisively and independently in situations requiring quick analysis
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed,colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation. DISCLAIMER: This Job Description is for reference only, and whilst this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. The management reserves the right to revise the job and may, at his or her discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.