Head of Compliance
£ 120,000 - £130,000 + Bonus + Benefits + Eligibility for Share Options on scheme launch
London (Hybrid and remote working model)THE COMPANY
The group are a well-funded, wealth management and investment platform fintech still in startup phase 9established over 3 years ago) that delivers smart-designed portfolios expertly managed to put their clients' money to work. They are an industry disrupter and challenger to traditional wealth management companies and the stated aim is to bring portfolio management to all as opposed to a few. The company is headed by a management team with the knowledge and experience to maintain a sustainable and successful business. They have big plans for innovative new services and growth. You must be someone who can fit into a diverse and growing team that shares the desire to disrupt and succeed. The company likes transparency and communication, especially given that they are often working flexibly (not just in lockdown) and being open-minded and flexible are key at this company. They are now looking to appoint a dynamic Head of Compliance to be a key member of the London team who will lead the compliance team and assume the SMF 16/17 functions, overseeing all aspects of the Firm's compliance and financial crime functions, as well as assisting the firm with basic legal support. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following requirement:
- Minimum 8 years' relevant experience in financial services compliance preferably in a retail broker or retail asset management / wealth management firm is essential as is experience of DC2.
- Experience as a compliance generalist but with a specialism in regulatory compliance who has held SMF 16/17 before is essential.
- A bachelor ' s degree (law, regulation or economics) is desirable but not required.
- Experience working with and managing the demands of key stakeholders, as well as advocating for improvement of systems and controls to adhere to regulatory requirements to meet the needs in a growing business .
- Strong experience in a leadership/senior management role within compliance and the ability to manage a team.
- Personality is key and being able to handle difficult conversations in an entrepreneurial environment will be essential.
- Extensive knowledge of UK regulatory compliance, in particular FCA rules and guidance, still applicable European legislation (MiFID, GDPR, MLDs) and general industry standards.
- Awareness of the changing investment management landscape .
- Knowledge and experience of systems required to carry out your role, including Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel)
This role will report to the Board of Directors, and day to day to the Managing Director. Leading the compliance team of 2 plus a wider financial crime team, your role will involve the following (but will not involve CASS ):
- SM16 / SM17 function
- Developing and implementing company policies and procedures across all business areas,
- Designing and monitoring control systems to deal with violations of legal rules and internal policies,
- Regularly assessing the efficiency of risk and control systems and recommending effective improvements,
- Working with product and operational teams to implement new features in a compliant manner
- Taking on responsibilities of the MLRO and ensuring financial crime systems and controls are sufficient for the needs of the business
- Oversee periodic monitoring on company procedures and processes and evaluating company procedures and reports to identify hidden risks or common issues,
- Leading employee training sessions on legal and compliance issues,
- Assist the business where appropriate with ad hoc legal matters such as NDA and Third party agreement reviews and coordinate with legal counsel for specific matters where needed.
Manage the Compliance team.