The Role Responsibilities
- We are seeking a talented and passionate, senior individual to join Standard Chartered as the Director, Senior Business Integration Architect - Process Tooling in the Group Transformation Office ("GTO").
- The Group Transformation Office drives and executes the overall strategic transformation agenda. The team works under the guidance of the Global Head, Transformation, Chief Transformation, Technology and Operations Officer and Transformation, Technology and Operations ("TTO") MT. The office also collaborates closely with senior business and functional leaders across the Bank to build and drive the Bank-wide transformation.
- Operational Excellence ("OE") Process Management is an integral part of the Group Transformation Office, and this role provides thought leadership and steer to Bank-wide Operational Excellence efforts in close partnership with senior management. The role requires driving holistic change by coaching and empowering people through multiple levers including process taxonomy & constructs, process reengineering, structural changes, digitisation, policy streamlining, targets and tracking, training, and accountability.
- Specifically, this role is the gateway for demand management of all process tooling related topics and works on complex assignments as part of OE task force. The role sets training leadership on the OE process management framework; develops and engages the Community of Practice across the bank; coaches' community to structurally link process with other business / IT elements, and derives insights based on these structural linkages to support top OE priorities and GTO functions for gap, change and impact analysis.
- The Director, Senior Business Integration Architect - Process Tooling is a global role based out of our de facto headquarters in Singapore. This role requires good understanding of banking processes preferably across multiple business lines & functions and proficiency in process tooling platforms with strong stakeholder engagement and community building skills. The incumbent must work with senior business leadership to discharge Candidate responsibilities.
- Awareness of / understand the wider TTO, GTO, and OE strategy and how it relates to Process Management
- Contribute to formulation of Bank's OE Process Management strategy, ensuring alignment with strategic business outcomes
- Establish a portfolio of initiatives and assignments to achieve target outcomes including driving broad bank-wide process-mindset shift and cultural transformation
- Drive growth and branding of OE Process Management Tooling in the bank, and help embed bank wide culture of sustainable continuous improvement
- Oversee the general management and undertake day to day running of the Process Tooling programme including financial management/budget planning, resource allocation, expense tracking and vendor management/procurement
- Prepare and submit regular strategic reports to various programme committees and senior management detailing the programme performance
- Lead the development & maintenance of standards (incl. framework, modelling, content QA, content change release, structural analysis, and simulation)
- Lead awareness and deep-dive sessions for Global Process Owners on OE framework and how process tooling supports it
- Lead the elaboration of changes in tooling configuration, impact assessments and decision-making
- Implement performance tracking of enterprise modelling framework and tooling rollout to ensure long-term impact
- Lead functional in-take, feasibility run and pilot for new use-cases of enterprise process tooling
- Develop and implement the Community of Practice ("CoP")
- Ensure high content quality, strong engagement levels, and active participation of members in the CoP
- Own the CoP operating model including changes to extended roles/structure to maintain a high level of engagement
- Engage with thematic advisors and/or subject matter experts who lead on relevant practices under the CoP's purview
- Engage in continual "behind the scenes" work of connecting practitioners, flagging experts to come in where necessary, and supporting development of queries and discussion topics for members
- Prepare relevant knowledge products pulling from the CoP members' knowledge, experience and engagements including e-discussion summaries, FAQs, lessons learned overviews, guidance documents and case studies, for reference and use by the community members and/or employees of the Bank
On-board user community of Business Units, Functions and Process Improvement Programmes on enterprise process tooling, including:
- Training users for modelling / viewing / analysing content and process performance dashboarding
- Enabling user access privileges to relevant content areas
- Qualifying migration needs of existing content and support in migrating if the existing content fits the criteria
- Developing, maintaining, and implementing a CoP engagement and knowledge-sharing strategy informed by periodic needs assessments
- Facilitating timely, focused, targeted and crosscutting e-discussions and on/offline events
- Identifying and cultivating community champions to encourage them to take on responsibilities and co-leadership roles within the community
After-care of user community including:
- Coaching and consulting on content modelling
- Designing in repository/integrate from existing sources various catalogues (incl. process universe- product -customer journey -data -system -capabilities -risk -controls)
- Reviewing process logic, content quality for accuracy/completeness and linkage to various catalogue elements as per modelling standards
- Supporting and governing any deviations at local units to process universe
- Handling community questions and actively monitor content changes for possible support
- Gathering and qualifying change requests to existing standards and tooling functionality
- Content change release and publication
- Aggregated reporting and communication on modelling progress, usage, content reuse, QA summary
- Establishing gap/impact analysis from various viewpoints based on structural linkages of catalogue /universe elements
- Organising in-person and online events such as meetings, panel discussions, workshops, conferences, webinars, and e-discussions, identifying topics, speakers, and participants
- Interfacing with and drawing from existing internal and external networks focused on a range of related topics including but not limited to process tooling, process management, process governance, process mining, and task mining
- Oversee and accountable for process management taxonomy implementation for assigned areas in the bank
- Ensure that OE's proposed changes/reengineering don't compromise existing risks and controls and where required strengthen them
- Engage process and risk control owners upfront in design of process changes. Have oversight of direct tracking and monitoring of projects
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Oversee implementation of Process Tooling to support OE and/or Business objectives and outcomes
- Guide teams in becoming self-sustaining in Process Tooling ecosystem including the Community of Practice
- Be aware and understand the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Global Process Owners (" GPO" )
- Product Owners ("BPO")
- Process/Subject Matter Experts
- Process Operators
- Corporate Functions - incl. Finance, Legal, Tax, Risk, and Audit
- Solution Architects
- Enterprise Architecture
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 8+ years of experience in partnering process tooling rollout across large complex business environments.
- 6+ years of exhaustive experience in ARIS process intelligence toolset
- Strong understanding of process modelling / management principles, ability to structurally integrate various catalogues and derive meaningful insights thereof
- Strong experience in developing and implementing Community of Practice (CoP)
- Strong Experience working in large global organizations with multiple value chains
- Excellent in Business Level Business Communication
- Ability to work on broad strategic projects as well as day-to-day process-oriented tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and process discipline in order to drive multiple agendas.
- Confident and engaging communication skills across all levels of seniority
- Mature self-starter who can quickly get up to speed and take a strategic view.
- Strong active listening skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills .
About Standard Chartered
- Process Management (BPI / BPA)
- Problem Solving
- Process Tooling
- Metrics / Measures
- Building communities
- Stakeholder Engagement
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers