My client is a fast growing European Credit hedge fund and asset manager with a large Institutional backer. They have a long track record of top tier performance and significant $billions of Assets under Management. With such a strong pedigree and with high LP investor interest in this area, current client conversations are leading them to believe they will double in asset size over the next 3-4 years. Approximately one third of the assets are in the Distressed debt / special situations hedge fund, whilst the remaining two thirds is in Performing Credit, both public and private.
To cope with this anticipated growth, they are looking to build their Investor Relations team by hiring either a Vice President or an Associate. This is a real opportunity to make a difference in your role as it is just a small and growing team.
The team is set up as a Generalist team, and so everybody does everything in a typical Investor Relations role both geographically and product wise. The role will thus range from:
- speaking to and meeting potential and existing clients
- putting together marketing materials and strategic business development projects
- answering investor due diligence queries and RFP's, conducting market research, and ensuring all the analytical details are accurately done prior to any prospective client meeting.
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- At least three years' experience in an Investor Relations role marketing Investments to Institutional investors. Ideally Credit experience, but open to IR people from Private Equity for example or other similar product areas.
- Strong attention to detail in analytical assessments; experienced in developing and maintaining high quality reports and producing marketing/fundraising materials
- European languages would be a bonus, but not at all a prerequisite
Keywords: Credit, Fund Raising, Capital Raising, Client Solutions, Business Development, Investor relations, High Yield bonds, Leveraged Loans, CLO's, Credit Opportunities, Private Credit