About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Role: Cloud Application Architect
Northern Trust Asset Management business unit is looking for Cloud Application Architect candidate with strong expertise migrating and building application to Public Cloud. The candidate would be part of very dynamic and fast paced team driving strategic data and cloud transformation.
Key skills required for the role:
- Expertise in designing application solution on Azure Cloud for complex business needs.
- Serves as key technical expert engaged on designing, architecting, deploying and maintaining cloud solutions.
- Analyze existing application composition and provide migration recommendations following the 6-R's.
- Investment Management or Asset Management experience recommended.
- Responsible for overall cloud architecture for all areas and domains of the enterprise.
- Azure cloud solution architect to provide technology solution to business problems. With strong understanding of various services available on azure.
- Knowledge of ETL patterns for data ingestion, processing and distribution using pipelines on Azure cloud services.
- Leads technology proof of concepts to ensure feasibility of architecture solutions
- Hands-on prototyping of new Azure services, vendor products and technology solutions
- Provides architecture direction for engineers in support of a technical pattern
- Displays strong thought leadership in pursuit of modern architecture principals and technology modernization
- Drives continuous technology transformation to minimize technical debt. Continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of the architecture
- Looks for opportunities to capitalize on technology advances through analysis of key industry and technology trends to assess potential impact on the enterprise
- Participates in defining target state technology architecture and roadmaps. Ensures alignment of IT initiatives with the target state
- Continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of the architecture
- Executed technology modernization initiatives including migration to cloud native and API Strategy
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Document cloud application roadmap, architecture, tooling and patterns for the business unit across multiple programs.
- Interface with global teams to collaborative work on business deliveries.
- Provide design level functional and technical expertise along with best practices.
- Understand and implement the latest delivery approaches based on cloud architecture
- Strong grasp of value creation and business capability models for large scale technology platforms.
- Must be passionate about technology transformations
- Cloud Architecture Certification (AWS or Azure) or strong architecture experience
- Strong understanding of data security and PII
- Advanced analytics techniques using ML and AI
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.