About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. ROLE SUMMARY
Northern Trust Asset Management (NTAM) is an investment management firm with over a trillion dollars entrusted by investors around the globe to help them navigate changing market environments, so they can confidently realize their long-term objectives.
This Consultant role is responsible for ensuring a successful client onboarding experience for NTAM Clients and their relationship managers. This person will assist in resolving data related issues to meet our Service Level Agreements, in addition to data analysis and identification of strategic solutions to improve the overall lifecycle. The role will work with Investment Operations partners to improve processes and Technology partners to implement infrastructure enhancements. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- As a Consultant on the Client Ops Data team, you will help to drive operational excellence across the practice. Day to day responsibilities include:
- Manage account and client creation across investment, accounting and performance book of record platforms, enabling the investments process.
- Own and drive quality, integrity and validation of records in a data-driven environment with excellence.
- Represent ownership and understanding of downstream data consumer needs to drive excellence in execution across all operational and business teams.
- Collaborate with teams throughout the firm to assist in data analysis and problem resolution
- Daily interaction, issue escalation, and resolution with internal and external partners including; Global Custodians, Fund Accountants, Trading Counterparties, other service providers and vendors to catalyze the investments process.
- Work in partnership with NTAM operational leaders, peers and technology to achieve scale and operational excellence while mitigating business and regulatory risk and losses
- Actively participate in the continual improvement of our client experience by collaborating with technology, investment operations, and client servicing teams
- Assist in the development of a robust governance and control framework
- Help drive initiatives to strengthen NTAM's first line of defense, instilling a culture of continuous improvement of policy and procedure to reduce operational risk
NECESSARY EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Understanding of the investment management business, multiple asset classes, and investment/financial technology systems within an Asset Management setting
- Enthusiasm for analytics, data, client onboarding, and investment products
- Effective problem-solving, collaboration, and consensus-building abilities
- Strong relationship-building and teamwork skills; a solid collaborator with experience leading initiatives across multiple groups and stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with demonstrated ability to develop materials and effectively present to and persuade audiences across departments
- Experience driving digital and automation-focused transformation for improved control and efficiency
- Adaptability and flexibility to thrive in a constantly changing environment with shifting business priorities
- Global perspective with sensitivity and awareness of social and cultural differences
WORKING MODEL: HYBRID
- 2 to 4 years' experience in operational or service roles within the financial services industry, with expertise in client onboarding and/or client servicing; Asset Management experience strongly preferred
- Track record of using industry trends, data analytics, and automation for growth and risk
- Proven success in driving change and transformation across diverse groups
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.