At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid's network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Hybrid
The SMB Territory Account Management team at Plaid works closely with our early stage companies that have grown the fastest on our platform. You will be responsible for managing a high-velocity book of business, leveraging high-volume communication channels to support your many customers. The Territory Account Management team acts as partners, advisors, and advocates for our customers. By leveraging deep technical, product, and industry knowledge, we help our customers build and scale amazing applications that become the future of fintech.
Plaid is looking for experienced customer-facing professionals to manage and grow Plaid's relationships with high-growth SMB customers. The right candidate has the ability to grow a customer's revenue, build strong partnerships with their customers, develop a deep understanding of their priorities, motives and key drivers, and is solutions oriented.
You will be the primary point of contact for your customers and will work with them on all stages of integrations, scaling, driving adoption, product expansion, and account management. You will be responsible for working directly with key stakeholders ranging from developers to executives to help them create the applications that will empower businesses and consumers with their financial data. Responsibilities
- Own the overall relationship with your portfolio of customers in our fastest growing customer segment.
- Build relationships with the C-Suite and Product teams to retain and grow revenue.
- Own revenue targets, which includes identifying and closing new upsell opportunities and leading commercial negotiations for contract renewals
- Help customers integrate and launch on Plaid.
- Solve complex customer challenges through creative problem solving by working cross-functionally with Sales, Risk, Legal, Finance, Commercial, Marketing, and Business Operations.
- 4-6+ years of quota carrying account management experience; ideally with large enterprise organizations.
- Demonstrated relationship management and sales experience.
- Customer empathy and deep desire to see customers succeed.
- Desire to get technical and the ability to learn the ins and outs of Plaid's APIs.
- Interest in financial services and technical products; a high degree of intellectual curiosity.
- Excitement to work in a high-growth, ever-changing environment and to help build processes and tools as needed.
- Ability to work with all types of people and build long-lasting relationships.
- Sales experience (negotiation/value-selling).
- Strong, executive level communication skills - written and verbal.
- Relationship building (understand how to leverage internal/external executives, product, etc).
- Retention and Termination-save tactics.
$88,000 - $119,000 a year
Target base salary for this role is between $88,000 and $119,000 per year. Additional compensation in the form(s) of equity and/or commission are dependent on the position offered. Plaid provides a comprehensive benefit plan, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k). Pay is based on factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience and skillset, and location. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here .