About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Junior Marketing Specialist plays an important part in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) asset servicing marketing programme and will join a team of 7 marketeers leading regionally- and globally-focused marketing initiatives aligned with Northern Trust's global asset servicing marketing strategy.
This is an excellent early career role for a candidate with marketing qualifications and/or relevant business experience who is seeking a role that will utilise their creativity, flexibility, technical proficiency, and numeracy to support marketing initiatives aimed at enhancing client loyalty, retention and acquisition in a fast-evolving part of the financial services industry.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Working in conjunction with senior marketing specialists to support a range of marketing activities (including sponsorships, events, webinars, business communications, creating/updating of web content and production of marketing materials) in support of business priorities.
- Coordinating and executing marketing automation emails in conjunction with senior marketing specialists to deliver relevant asset servicing insights, news and thought leadership to clients and other external audiences.
- Acting as lead for database administration to ensure contact information for contacts across industry segments and countries is accurate and correctlyupdated over time
- Generating and assembling analytical information to support internal reporting and deliver data-driven insights for business stakeholders on how clients and other external stakeholders are engaging with marketing initiatives.
- Creating and maintaining dashboards showing of KPIs/quarterly contact engagement metrics to support internal reporting and tracking of marketing results.
They successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Experience or working knowledge within financial services, investment management or other industry sectors in the fields of digital marketing, business development or other related work experience.
- Degree in Finance, Marketing or Business.
- Experience working with marketing automation tools (Marketo preferred) for email campaign setup and execution.
- High degree of literacy with good communication, editing, proof-reading and writing skills;
- Microsoft Office proficiency, particularly in Excel (including ability to interpret and reconcile data) and strong PowerPoint skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use or learn new tools for marketing-related functions (e.g., Google Analytics, SharePoint, OneDrive; content platforms (e.g. Turtl) and mobile apps. (e.g. Elevate).
- Knowledge of basic marketing and financial concepts likely obtained through related work experience or formal education.
- Self-starter with ability to self-motivate, take direction and work with minimal supervision.
- Highly-numerate with strong organisational and problem-solving skills, including good attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, adapt and react timely and positively in a changing and dynamic work environment.
- Flexible approach towards changing work methods, deadlines and variable workloads.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with diverse groups and various levels of personnel across Northern Trust.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.