Bovill is an independent, specialist financial services regulatory consultancy with a global offering. We specialise in helping clients solve difficult and interesting problems, so we look for people who thrive on intellectual challenge, can roll up their sleeves to delve into issues and get satisfaction from helping clients, conduct a thorough analysis of a problem and translate that into practical advice.
Our Funds Practice is looking for a highly motivated, proactive Principal Consultant to join their team. The successful candidate will support and assist Bovill's funds and asset management clients by providing regulatory advisory services, guidance, and delivery of ongoing support engagements.
Working directly with clients across the asset management sector collaborating with Bovill's experienced team of industry specialists, the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Providing high quality advice and support to clients on a range of regulatory compliance matters.
- Managing projects, often with multiple workstreams
- Acting as a resource for other Bovill offices and clients through demonstrated experience with compliance and regulatory matters
- Managing a portfolio of clients to provide advice on regulatory matters related to their business.
- Leveraging existing client relationships to maximise opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling.
- Building and maintaining professional working relationships with clients, trade bodies and the regulators.
- Preparing well-presented, accurately priced proposals to present to prospective clients.
- Representing the company at industry events, promoting the Bovill brand
- Participating in internal events and training sessions such as client briefings and roundtable events.
Successful candidates will have:
- A degree level education or equivalent experience.
- Relevant, Diploma level professional qualification (investment or compliance-related), or willing to study towards.
- Proven high level knowledge of the FCA's approach and processes.
- Strong technical knowledge of asset management sectors and the conduct issues faced by our clients in those sectors.
- Ability to analyse industry regulations; adapt and develop policies and procedures to meet compliance requirements.
- Experience translating regulatory rules and guidance into meaningful, fit-for-purpose and pragmatic solutions for clients.
- Ability to work independently, prioritise multiple projects and engagements whilst meeting tight deadlines.
You will also have responsibility for building the pipeline by leveraging existing relationships to maximise opportunities for up/cross-selling. Therefore, prior consulting experience would be advantageous.
Given the technical nature of the role, exceptional communication skills and high attention to detail are essential. Successful candidates should also be open to assisting other teams and clients on a broader range of regulatory matters when necessary.
In return, we offer:
- The opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and stimulating environment.
- Support for career development through mentoring, coaching, and relevant training
- The opportunity to work with friendly and collaborative colleagues in a small informal company environment with minimal bureaucracy.
- Annual leave of 26 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 30 days with length of service.
- Pension, private healthcare, and a generous flexible benefits package.
Bovill actively supports flexible working and advocates for a hybrid working practice, with a minimum of one-day-per-week in the office, subject to client requirements. We welcome applications from candidates interested in part-time work or flexible start and finish times.