ABC seeks to recruit a Senior Credit Analyst in the Wholesale Banking Department.
The Credit Analyst will be responsible to support the Corporate Banking Relationship Management team with all Credit, Portfolio Monitoring and Administrative Tasks. Responsibilities of the role:
Job Holder is primarily responsible for delivering credit support solutions to Corporate Banking coverage team. Specifically, assist line manager / unit in the core deliverables of Client Credit Management by:
- Creating credit spreads and calculations on financial statements and related information for new to bank and existing clients using relevant systems and software.
- Performing comprehensive analysis of new credit requests, credit change requests, renewals and annual reviews in co-ordination with the Relationship Manager in the Front Office.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of the sector they are supporting.
- Preparation of various types of Credit Applications and related summary term sheets.
- Raising of waiver requests stemming from deviations to bank policies, standards and procedures (e.g., Wholesale Banking Policy, Credit Policy and standards, Credit / Legal Documentation Policy etc.) approved conditions and covenants (includes conditions precedent and subsequent).
- Earmarking of limits and subsequent reinstatement or lapsing (as appropriate)
- Structuring of credit facilities and related transactions.
- Building and maintaining a portfolio-wide database to capture the day-to-day management of Approval conditions and agreed covenants.
- Tracking and reporting of all unit related deliverables, KPI's and KRI's
- Ensuring Facility and Security documentation are prepared in accordance with credit approvals, Credit/Legal Documentation policy and Department procedures.
- Ensuring follow-up and satisfaction of conditions precedent and subsequent to facility utilization.
- Tracking and reporting the status of conditions precedent and subsequent documents and highlight exceptions to line manager.
- Preparation of periodic reports as well as any MI reports for the department.
The job holder will also be required to assist department by:
Areas of Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
- Performing all tasks in the capacity of a Maker.
- Assuming the role of a Joint Custodian in the Safe Custody Management Process, as and when nominated.
- Ensuring all processes and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Escalating risks/issues through the line manager for timely resolution.
- Assisting in the development and ongoing maintenance of an activities Dashboard.
- Serving as a central point of client interactions by handling, resolving and escalating day-to-day administrative queries and complaints, as appropriate, by liaising with various stakeholders.
- Partaking in planned and ad-hoc departmental projects.
- Punctual delivery of all returns and requested services.
- Improving processes, time to market and provide a best-in-class client experience while adhering to internal and external Client expectations.
- Developing and maintaining cordial relationships with internal as well as external customers.
- Demonstrating openness and positive attitude towards criticism.
- Completing smooth periodic performance reviews with the line manager and assigned training programs.
- 5-7 years of experience in portfolio analysis, credit or audit with large regional or global financial institutions.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree, preferably in economics, commerce, finance. Professional Certification is an added advantage (ACT, CFA, CMA, CPA, etc.)
- Ability to solve problems and escalate to higher levels (as appropriate) and get along with people amicably.
- Good understanding of Wholesale banking products.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Credit, AML and Operations management.
- Fair working knowledge of Loan Documentation, Syndication Loan Structures, Commercial Contracts, Trade Finance, Credit Risk, KYC and Banking terminology including standard loan covenants.
- Good background in performing credit analysis of Corporations.
- Solid computer skills with capability to use spreadsheets, graphic and presentation packages to review and create professional materials
- Possess exemplary ethics, integrity, confidentiality, diplomacy and resilience under all circumstances.
- Proactive, precise, highly motivated and able to adapt and thrive within the bank's culture
- Be an effective communicator and be able to deal with all levels of management.
- Have excellent inter-personal skills to be able to manage and resolve difficult situations.
- Be methodical, detail-oriented and well-organized towards everyday tasks.
- Be punctual and priority conscious.
- Customer service oriented.