This is a wide-ranging role that will appeal to an individual keen to develop their career and play a critical part in helping the UK business grow.
A commercial but responsible attitude to risk is required in managing the existing portfolio and in credit assessment of those loan positions. The role will also entail the use of the inhouse loan management Platform and associated assessment tools to facilitate funding opportunities and internal reporting.
The role will involve travel to meet with clients and site visits as necessary.
- To ensure strong relationships with existing key clients, helping to establish repeat business
- Liaising with third parties such as the borrowers, valuers, monitoring surveyors, lawyers, and other professionals.
- Loan Servicing and portfolio Monitor progress of development projects including reviewing monthly monitoring reports and recommendations of funding advances.
- Prepare and present monthly portfolio reviews across UK loan book, watchlist and recoveries cases to the UK CEO.
- Reviewing professional reports as part of the ongoing client due diligence and monitoring Implementing agreed processes and conditions to complete and monitor loan advances.
- To oversee day to day processes, systems, ensure acceptable due diligence is undertaken, file reviews and risk mitigation.
- Risk Management oversight, continually reviewing policies and procedures - making improvements where necessary.
- To build and maintain relationships with key service providers, such as Valuers, Monitoring Surveyors, Insolvency Practitioners and Solicitors
Technical skills needed
- Proven track record (with a minimum of five years experience) of management of Development Finance loans as either a lender or from a relevant construction / development background e.g. Monitoring Surveying.
- Communication skills building relationships with professionals and borrowers, and ability to work towards deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and other document
- Ability to work independently, as part of the team with willingness to adapt to needs of a small