About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
We are searching for an Analyst, Financial Crimes Investigations to join our team. This person is responsible for completing all aspects of the investigation, documentation, and reporting processes with respect to potential financial crime incidents involving Northern Trust accounts, clients, or employees. This role is specific to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) investigations as part of Northern Trust's Financial Intelligence Unit and Global AML Compliance function.
The role and responsibilities include:
• Completes investigations to determine if a financial crime (money laundering, terrorist financing, and/or other illicit activity) has occurred and involves Northern Trust accounts, clients, operations, or employees.
• Supports each investigation with risk-appropriate analysis, and clearly documents investigation activities and conclusions according to polices and global standards.
• Synthesizes data from multiple sources -- including internal, open source, and transaction monitoring systems -- to monitor/analyze client activity and research moderate to complex fund movements.
• Write high-quality investigation reports and Suspicious Activity Reports ("SARs") within prescribed timeframes according to regulatory guidelines.
• Interacts with partners (e.g., relationship managers, Legal Department, Human Resources) or external parties (e.g., law enforcement, other financial institutions' investigations staff) in the course of investigations, as appropriate.
• Recognizes the highly sensitive nature of investigative activities and maintains discreet confidentiality of systems, policies, clients, alert/case specifics, and SARs.
• Consults with management regarding more complex or sensitive investigations.
• May carry out ad-hoc investigations on event-driven scenarios.
• As necessary, prepare reports and presentations for group meetings and management.
• Ability to operate and manage workload independently with limited to moderate oversight.
• Maintain an awareness of AML trends, typologies, and regulatory changes/requirements.
• Optional: please submit a cover letter expressing your interest in this position and why you are qualified.
• A College or University degree or equivalent of work experience.
• 1-5+ years of relevant work experience desired.
• Requires understanding of traditional money movement transactional methods and systems.
• Requires understanding of private banking, wealth management, asset management, and/or corporate/institutional banking.
• Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail, accuracy and creativity.
• Ability to identify potential unusual or suspicious activity and take appropriate action to meet regulatory expectations.
• Ability to utilize multiple applications and information channels adeptly and creatively to find information and draw conclusions.
• Ability to make timely and independent judgments/decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment.
• Ability to take initiative and work independentlywith limited supervision in a structured environment.
• Strong writing skills.
• Related Industry qualification (e.g., ACAMS) or studying towards, is preferred.
• Technical skills / knowledge of AML transaction monitoring systems by Actimize are preferred.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.