At TSW, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters – to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
Your primary role as an analyst will be to work with the Emerging Markets team to follow our portfolio companies and generate new investment ideas. Analysts identify and research companies to add to the Emerging Markets portfolio using the collaborative, fundamental process developed by the team. Additionally, you will be actively involved in communication with current and existing clients to support the growth of the strategy.
- Researching prospective and existing portfolio holdings. This includes analyzing a company’s financial statements, valuation, capital allocation and factors that may impact shareholder returns. TSW uses a bottom-up research process involving quantitative screening, reading company or industry reports, calls with management/IR, attending investor conferences and other methods to generate investment ideas.
- Monitor a number of portfolio holdings as the primary analyst and update intrinsic value estimates as new information is presented (e.g. quarterly results), making add/trim recommendations to the portfolio manager.
- Present our strategy to clients alongside the portfolio manager.
- Contribute to quarterly reporting to clients by providing written summaries of companies that drive performance.
- Passion for investing with an interest in emerging markets
- Understanding of financial statement analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to relocate to Richmond, VA (if applicable)
- 3-5 years of equity analyst experience preferred but not required
- CFA designation preferred but not required
- Microsoft Office
- Willingness to learn and ask questions
- Attention to detail and strong follow up skills
- Ability to problem solve and spot issues proactively
- Ability to work independently, but also a "team player"
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing capabilities
- Some travel may be required
- Competitive compensation and benefits package